Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-31-09, 03:41 PM   #1
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default AO Rated Manhunt 2 coming to Direct2Drive Next Week

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/31/ao...ing-next-week/

$29.99.

Steam doesn't allow AO games I don't think, so this could be a Direct2Drive exclusive, which is annoying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 04:12 PM   #2
backfiggen
*synth solo*

Default Re: AO Rated Manhunt 2 coming to Direct2Drive Next Week

Unless they've updated the graphics, it's too expensive.

Steam | XBL/GfWL
backfiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 04:48 PM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Has ANYone played the PC version of this? I just ran through Splinter Cells 1-3 again and I want more stealth, but there seem to be NO impressions on the PC port of this game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-19-10, 05:24 PM   #4
LurkerLito

Hmm I always thought one of the digital distributors always had the AO version of manhunt 2 available for a while now. Maybe I am thinking of another game, but I thought I saw it somewhere before on either the Black Friday sale or New Year sale.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 05:38 PM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
Hmm I always thought one of the digital distributors always had the AO version of manhunt 2 available for a while now. Maybe I am thinking of another game, but I thought I saw it somewhere before on either the Black Friday sale or New Year sale.
Look at dates, then read my last post.

Old 06-19-10, 08:51 PM   #6
LurkerLito

Doh

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 04:12 AM   #7
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

LOLz

I'm curious too, the first game wasn't too bad, and I liked the first few Saw movies. Buy it Velvet then tell us about it. (That's assuming I can purchase from D2D. I'm assuming I can't as the game is banned here.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 05:26 AM   #8
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I asked on the horrible Game Trailers forums as there are a ton of PC gamers there (for some reason).

They're mostly pirates too, so hopefully one of them was bored and downloaded it. As long as the port is functional unlike Bully I will probably get it.

Old 06-20-10, 03:26 PM   #9
crainger

They are usually the kind who love a game just because it's ultra violent. ::

Least you didn't have to go to the gamefaqs forums. ::
Old 06-21-10, 03:12 AM   #10
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I bought it. I am probably about the 5th person to do so, judging by how few people seem to have knowledge of it. A whopping 2 people responded to me on GT and told me it was technically polished, so I took the plunge.

So far I am happy I did. The game looks like crap on a technical level, it's a PS2 port with no enhancements other than AA and high-res. It has many graphics options though, but I can only imagine these are to enable it to run on a laptop rather than enhance the original game? Or maybe it looked like complete crap on PS2 and this IS enhanced, how should I know. The important thing is AA and v-synch and 16:10 resolutions are there.

More importantly than tech specs the environments are very detailed and look really nice despite the old graphics. Rockstar has a knack for this so it's nothing new, but it's a nice surprise anyway. I thought the whole game took place in an insane asylum but it ends up that is just level one... color me surprised. Level two was a neighborhood and level 3 is a sex club.

Gameplay seems the same as the original... sneaking and melee fighting. Nowhere near as polished sneaking as Splinter Cell, mainly because of the plodding movement. It's more different than worse though, and the melee fighting works well. The kills are indeed gruesome and if the graphics were better it might actually make me sick, but they're PS3 quality of course so it just looks kind of unsettling.

The worst thing about the game from a PC standpoint is that it does not let you customize your controls on the whole, rather it just has different presets, basically a WASD preset and an arrow key preset. I assume you can use a pad, but I did not try. The only key in a weird place I don't like is TAB for blocking, which is just awkward. One funny thing though: it has LEAN! OMG Modern Warfare 2 not balanced for lean but Manhunt 2 is! Haha.

Anyway, if you like stealth games and are bored waiting for Death to Spies 3 or whatever then I don't think this is too bad actually.

Old 06-21-10, 07:19 AM   #11
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Another PC port detriment: locked at 30fps.

Took me 6 levels to notice and I don't really care, it's a slow game, but I figured I would let people know in case someone looks more into the game based on my post.

Old 06-21-10, 02:59 PM   #12
crainger

Nice review. Now to see if I can purchase it ::