Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-19-10, 11:25 AM   #25
mojoman0

Default Re: ** Official Medal of Honor ~Beta~ Thread **

Yea we've still got 4 months till release. The menus are of poor layout and pretty consolized, and there are plenty of little bugs like the chat freeze and such. These are forgivable but the thing is the gameplay just isnt that fun. I put partial blame on the map layout tho. The small map is just a rotating cluster **** where you get shot when you spawn and can kill someone across the map because the guns are so accurate. I think if the maps were spread out more with better defined pathways, the game would play out a lot better. Its a little early to judge this game so hopefully they have a demo before release
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 04:07 PM   #26
xxxFETTxxx

I like the shooting mechanics themselves and I love the maps. This is fine, however the beta proves to be what I'd thought it would be, Basically a BFC2 copy in a different wrapper. Dice has chosen to keep that lunky running style as you sprint and annoying grenade throwing right along with the grenade launcher that doesent have the right arc to it. You never know where that things gonna hit. Like I mentioned previously I love the the shooting mechanics of the guns, greatly improved from BFC2.
I really wish the gaming industry would quit giving us the same crap in a different wrapper.
Here EA had a great chance to revitalize the franchise and jump into the modern war scene like everyone else is doing and DICE is a credit to that endeavor.
Seriously though, lets get innovative and do some unique things. You want a real game that will dethrone COD. Lets take the heavy BFC2 overtones out of it and get crazy with this thing. Man we'd love to have a cover system next to objects, doorways, windows etc like RAINBOW 6 or GEARS of WAR. Right along with blindfire capabilities, grenades that can be thrown like in COD as well as better trajectory with the grenade launchers.
I also hate the lobby and party systems utilized as in BFC2. I would love to be able to hear everyone in the party or the ability to mute at my discretion. None of this 4 people in your squad crap but theres room for more players on the team so you cant communicate when more of your friends join in.
Love the fact vehicles are a part of the game. Hopefully there will be some light assault vehicles as well. Also to be noted, Hopefully you will offer a more varied assortment of game modes, capture the flag for one would be a nice addition to the game.
Kill streaks are very envogue now a days you may wanna look at that as well.
Right now the way this game is right now, I just cant see myself buying a BFC2 replica again.
xxxFETTxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 09:01 PM   #27
Burnt_Ram

SLi doesnt work. i created a new profile and set it to ARF2, but only one gpu is working, one is 90-100% while the other is <10%

anyone else have any SLi feedback? im going to install nHancer and add the MOH exe to the BC2 profile and see if that works ....
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 11:06 PM   #28
dikinher
Grab em!

Anyone with a spare key?
Old 06-19-10, 11:19 PM   #29
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Maybe there will be a Hardcore mode like in BC2. I can't stand the normal mode in BC2, that's pure console crap. But HC is so much better. Same goes for the Modern Warfare games...
it's going to be hard to put a hc mode in this game. guns have no recoil.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 07:16 AM   #30
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
SLi doesnt work. i created a new profile and set it to ARF2, but only one gpu is working, one is 90-100% while the other is <10%

anyone else have any SLi feedback? im going to install nHancer and add the MOH exe to the BC2 profile and see if that works ....
You can also rename the exe file to "bfbc2game.exe". 50-68% usage here. Minimum framerate is 40 but feels kind of choppy even at 55fps!
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 08:08 AM   #31
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
You can also rename the exe file to "bfbc2game.exe". 50-68% usage here. Minimum framerate is 40 but feels kind of choppy even at 55fps!
i have SLi working now, but not very well. one card working i get 90-100%. with two i get 40-50% on each and no better frame rates.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 09:35 AM   #32
JohnDio

Same here. It's the Frostbite 2.0 engine. We might get better usage with a better SLI profile, but it is well known that Frostbite 2.0 is CPU bound (meaning that a I7 CPU will run it silky smooth, C2Q and C2D will have minor issues with the game). Same thing as in Bad Company 2 basically!

Old 06-20-10, 10:15 AM   #33
Logical

It isnt Frostbyte 2.0 engine, it it frostbyte 1 engine slightly modified and with Destruction 2.0 (for bfbc2).
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 10:49 AM   #34
mojoman0

yup I think theyre calling it frostbite 1.5. We'll get Frostbite 2.0 with BF3
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 10:56 AM   #35
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
It isnt Frostbyte 2.0 engine, it it frostbyte 1 engine slightly modified and with Destruction 2.0 (for bfbc2).
Wrong. The only engine that DICE ported to the PC was Frostbite2. If you look, you'll see that they said that Bad Company Vietnam also uses Frostbite engine (and yeah, they mean Frostbite 2.0 and not Frostbite 1.0)

Quote:
Vietnam is coming to Battlefield: Bad Company 2; The punishing jungles will set the stage for the ever-destructive battles powered by DICE’s Frostbite engine as the first expansion pack arrives “this winter”.
Quote:
Fighting as either U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA), the hostile combat terrain of the Vietnamese jungle is brought dramatically to life via the “Frostbite Engine” which includes a host of authentic vehicles and weapons for with which players can engage the enemy. The punishing jungles, powerful air invasions, and guerrilla tactics of an unpredictable enemy promise to deliver fans non-stop action in this sandbox environment, a signature design style of the award-winning Swedish studio “DICE”.
Old 06-20-10, 11:04 AM   #36
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Wrong. The only engine that DICE ported to the PC was Frostbite2. If you look, you'll see that they said that Bad Company Vietnam also uses Frostbite engine (and yeah, they mean Frostbite 2.0 and not Frostbite 1.0)
Nope your wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_Engine

If you find any other 'reliable' source that suggests otherwise then i will look into it but i have read many times now from good sources that BFBC2 uses Frostbite 1.5 with destruction 2.0. Frostbite 2.0 engine is still in development and will be more than likley released with BF3.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote