Old 06-20-10, 11:06 AM   #37
Logical

Default Re: ** Official Medal of Honor ~Beta~ Thread **

Double post plz remove
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:12 AM   #38
mojoman0

Battlefield Vietnam uses an improved engine from BF1942, I think it goes by Refractor Engine. Bad Company 1 and Battlefield 1943 both use Frostbite 1.0, while Bad Company 2 uses Frostbite 1.5 modified with destruction 2.0. Further Battlefield games will use Frostbite 2.0. I'm curious to see when Battlefield 1943 comes out for PC which version of Frostbite it will use.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:13 AM   #39
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Battlefield Vietnam uses an improved engine from BF1942, I think it goes by Refractor Engine. Bad Company 1 and Battlefield 1943 both use Frostbite 1.0, while Bad Company 2 uses Frostbite 1.5 modified with destruction 2.0. Further Battlefield games will use Frostbite 2.0. I'm curious to see when Battlefield 1943 comes out for PC which version of Frostbite it will use.
I heard it had been canned ?

Edit: I guess it isn't as theyre taking pre orders for it on the BF1943 site. http://www.battlefield1943.com/
Old 06-20-10, 11:31 AM   #40
JohnDio

My bad, i thought that BC2 was already using Frostbite 2.0. Yes, both BC2 and Medal Of Honor are Frostbite 1.5 with Destruction 2.0. In which case... my previous post goes like this:

" Same here. It's the Frostbite 1.5 engine. We might get better usage with a better SLI profile, but it is well known that Frostbite 1.5 is CPU bound (meaning that a I7 CPU will run it silky smooth, C2Q and C2D will have minor issues with the game). Same thing as in Bad Company 2 basically! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Battlefield Vietnam uses an improved engine from BF1942, I think it goes by Refractor Engine.
I wasn't talking about the old Vietnam game, but the new add-on for Bad Company 2 that is called "Bad Company 2 Vietnam" and uses the same engine as BC2 (aka Frostbite 1.5).
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:37 AM   #41
mojoman0

Ah yes the upcoming Vietnam is just an expansion pack so will use same engine
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:39 AM   #42
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
My bad, i thought that BC2 was already using Frostbite 2.0. Yes, both BC2 and Medal Of Honor are Frostbite 1.5 with Destruction 2.0. In which case... my previous post goes like this:

" Same here. It's the Frostbite 1.5 engine. We might get better usage with a better SLI profile, but it is well known that Frostbite 1.5 is CPU bound (meaning that a I7 CPU will run it silky smooth, C2Q and C2D will have minor issues with the game). Same thing as in Bad Company 2 basically! "

Yeah dude i thought exactly the same upto last week when someone corrected me. I have always thought of BFBC2 as nothing more as a fill in to keep us PC gamers happy untill the holy grail that is BF3 is released with frostbite 2.0, I really do hope they make it a PC exclusive because there is no way that a console could handle BF3 the way it needs to be on PC...

On topic: I still havent played MoH beta but with the feedback from everyone else it seems its gonna lack on the finish product...even at this stage of development its easy to see what is wrong and that simply is the mechanics for the engine are not really suited to that of a fast paced FPS.

I am very eager to see what is Respawn studios first game for EA.
Old 06-20-10, 11:55 AM   #43
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Same here. It's the Frostbite 2.0 engine. We might get better usage with a better SLI profile, but it is well known that Frostbite 2.0 is CPU bound (meaning that a I7 CPU will run it silky smooth, C2Q and C2D will have minor issues with the game). Same thing as in Bad Company 2 basically!
i agree. my wifes machine is an i5 750 @ 3.3 and dual 8800GTS 640mb's and it eats BC2 for breakfast. where my C2Q struggles
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 04:21 PM   #44
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Maybe there will be a Hardcore mode like in BC2. I can't stand the normal mode in BC2, that's pure console crap. But HC is so much better. Same goes for the Modern Warfare games...
Yep, a hardcore mode would bloody make this game perfect....if we wanted another wanker console game. MOH is already consoled out and HC would just top it off. When you can aim and spray across the maps with pistols and get multiple kills, just perfect if being forced to use a controller, bad if using keyboard and mouse.

MOH has potential to be a good game, but the feel of the character movement is not smooth like MW2, the guns have no recoil, and it will need more game types.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-10, 11:24 PM   #45
JasonPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i agree. my wifes machine is an i5 750 @ 3.3 and dual 8800GTS 640mb's and it eats BC2 for breakfast. where my C2Q struggles
Really? My Core 2 Quad has no problems with the game.

One thing I don't like about Frostbite Engine in this game is that I tend to get stuck on all the crap in the map. And I don't just mean running into stuff, I mean I have to run and jump desperately to get myself untangled from a fine shrubbery!
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 03:54 AM   #46
xxxFETTxxx

is anyone else having trouble with the beta just randomnly freezing up? This things constantly freezing up.
xxxFETTxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 05:38 AM   #47
xxxFETTxxx

wow the weapons are very unbalanced, an LMG takes way to many bullets to kill someone. The m16 and AK will drop a guy quick wow. Thats as bad as how unbalanced COD is. Next thing you know one of the sub machine guns will be the weapon of choice like COD. Has anyone at DICE or Infinity Ward actually ever shot real guns. Maybe someday one of these companies will get it right.
xxxFETTxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 06:20 AM   #48
K007

The real sucky part right now is that their are no local AUS servers yet . So kinda connected to US servers atm lol..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote