Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-10, 03:46 AM   #1
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎
 
Noriega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 波兰
Posts: 2,176
Default EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

This is pathetic!
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55...o-See#comments
__________________
Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 03:51 AM   #2
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

I don't think it was "because it was on PC"... more because it was on PC, while they were clearly trying to mislead 360 owners into thinking it would look like that.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 04:01 AM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I don't think it was "because it was on PC"... more because it was on PC, while they were clearly trying to mislead 360 owners into thinking it would look like that.
Indeed.

I wondered this from the start and here it is proven. I don't think they actively want to remove PC footage, more just that it is embarrassing that they tried to make people think it was Xbox footage and it was actually PC footage.

I bet they approximated the Xbox visuals though, they just ran it on a PC to keep the framerate up while they optimize.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 07:29 AM   #4
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
perhaps also because it shows that Crytek's E3 demo was played using a Xbox 360 controller on the PC, and not on consoles as intimated.
EA Wanted them to show the game on X360, They mislead the public by demoing with an X360 connected to a PC off screen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:26 AM   #5
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969
 
v3rninater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,095
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Hahahaha... I love it.

Have to use PC to show people the cool new graphics, but when it comes to sales, CONSOLE FTW!! Stupid corporate morons...just like EA's amazing QA department!!
__________________
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:27 AM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

poor console players will get disapointed with the visuals.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:43 AM   #7
Vardant
 
Vardant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: EU
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
poor console players will get disapointed with the visuals.
Not really, they will however try to convince everyone, that it looks exactly the same as promised
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 09:21 AM   #8
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
poor console players will get disapointed with the visuals.
I don't think so. Who is really going to say it doesn't look like that on the 360? Console versions are pretty close to the PC version because that's the developers goal. Games might get higher or extra effects on the PC but they could easily just set Crysis 2 to medium and you have the console version.

Besides, I don't think you can tell on a big screen like that, unless you have both versions on a HD screen yourself, since viewing videos of it doesn't pass the quality off. It would be almost impossible to tell if that was the PC version or console version anyway.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-10, 10:11 AM   #9
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Anyone who owns a console and expects Crysis 2 to look as good on 360 as it does on PC deserves to have their $60 stripped from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I don't think so. Who is really going to say it doesn't look like that on the 360? Console versions are pretty close to the PC version because that's the developers goal. Games might get higher or extra effects on the PC but they could easily just set Crysis 2 to medium and you have the console version.

Besides, I don't think you can tell on a big screen like that, unless you have both versions on a HD screen yourself, since viewing videos of it doesn't pass the quality off. It would be almost impossible to tell if that was the PC version or console version anyway.
I disagree. I play on consoles all the time and I really enjoy them, but just the higher resolution alone on PC's really makes their graphics so much better, imo at least.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 10:15 AM   #10
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Thinking about it games are all made on PCs, whenever you see a behind the scenes vid it is always Xbox controllers hooked up to PCs. Maybe they just wanted it removed because of the crash.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 11:36 AM   #11
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

EA trying to play the politically correct hero angle by now pulling the vids.

Impressions and false 360 showcasing has already been done as planned. They got what they wanted. Huge 360 sales will ensue.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 11:41 AM   #12
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Thinking about it games are all made on PCs, whenever you see a behind the scenes vid it is always Xbox controllers hooked up to PCs. Maybe they just wanted it removed because of the crash.
true, at least time game all games are ported to console dev kit, and then optimizations are put in place
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.