Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-09, 04:27 AM   #13
Badboy_12345

Default Re: Buying only a cd-key for CoD4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Is the OP even from Europe? Second off, the probability that those 15 and 17 Euro CD Keys are legit is practically 0%, but Steam's legit probability is 100%. See anything completely retarded there?
ehh.. so all stores in sweden sell illegal game boxes?
The price for Cod4 in sweden IS about 17€ for the box
And g2play.net IS legit. They buy the game boxes, open them and sell the keys on the site.

The ****ed up economy means they sell games cheaper in other countries because people arent as "rich" there. Same as they are selling it cheaper in russia and asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Working closely with Activision on the CoD franchise I can tell you those CD key sites are NOT legit.

You should be able to pick up a copy cheap now or wait for one of those killer deals on steam.
the "killer deals" on steam still makes most games in europe cost more than in the retail stores.
Steam is dead in europe after they changed the pricing.
Old 04-19-09, 09:30 AM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
ehh.. so all stores in sweden sell illegal game boxes?
The price for Cod4 in sweden IS about 17 for the box
And g2play.net IS legit. They buy the game boxes, open them and sell the keys on the site.

The ****ed up economy means they sell games cheaper in other countries because people arent as "rich" there. Same as they are selling it cheaper in russia and asia.

the "killer deals" on steam still makes most games in europe cost more than in the retail stores.
Steam is dead in europe after they changed the pricing.
I suggest you write to Infinity Ward to verify if the games are legit...

Read nekro's post too.
Old 04-19-09, 10:05 AM   #15
Logical

Punkbuster dont usually ban for something like that...have you got a link to your global ban ?
Old 04-19-09, 10:34 AM   #16
Badboy_12345

Quote:
I suggest you write to Infinity Ward to verify if the games are legit...

Read nekro's post too.
yeah nice there.... you have anything else to come with?

Show me anywhere where the site is proven illegal? Anyone after them? anything at all?
They have been running for 1 year...
Old 04-19-09, 11:35 AM   #17
kazna

I've gotten the Unknown API Function message from punkbuster many times and my keys still good. Tried every work around for it without any luck.

I can't stand punkbuster, its been nothing but a headache especially in the early days. Windows 7 is very similar to Vista, its just pure laziness not to support it by now. VAC works great, but it has always gotten the job done without kicking legitimate players.
Old 04-19-09, 12:01 PM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
yeah nice there.... you have anything else to come with?

Show me anywhere where the site is proven illegal? Anyone after them? anything at all?
They have been running for 1 year...
Come with?

What are you talking about? And what the hell is with the confrontational swedes that signup on Nvnews?

You can justify whatever you want in your own mind, but the truth is, most things that are too good to be true, are probably not legit. And until you get a letter from Infinity Ward verifying the legitimacy of that site, I will consider you to be wrong and advocate that no one buys anything from it.
Old 04-19-09, 12:51 PM   #19
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Come with?

What are you talking about? And what the hell is with the confrontational swedes that signup on Nvnews?

You can justify whatever you want in your own mind, but the truth is, most things that are too good to be true, are probably not legit. And until you get a letter from Infinity Ward verifying the legitimacy of that site, I will consider you to be wrong and advocate that no one buys anything from it.
As its not a offical reseller they will say no to buy there.
The site is legal, what they are doing is legal, the keys bought there work and are legal.

I dont see why anyone shouldnt buy there. And many many do. Look all over the net.. just search for g2play.net on google and see everyone praising the site.
Old 04-19-09, 01:16 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I dont see why anyone shouldnt buy there. And many many do. Look all over the net.. just search for g2play.net on google and see everyone praising the site.
Of course people love the site, people are cheap. People love The Pirate Bay as well.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet

Old 04-19-09, 02:45 PM   #21
LurkerLito

G2play are AFAIK legit though I have only bought one thing from them. They are nothing more than a Game exporter/importer just like play-asia or gogamer. It's no different than if you yourself went to the country selling the games for 60% of the US MSRP and bringing it home and installing it on your PC. Since all the games they are selling are available via Digital Download and the services used do not require the physical media to install they can get around ever having to ship the original discs to the buyer. There is nothing illegal about what they do, though it might be against the distribution agreement on exporting the release to other regions, but that is most likely taken care of by going through a middle man. ie Publisher sells to middle man says no exporting middle man sells to g2play and doesn't have any export clauses in their contract so it's OK.

Bottom line you want to buy from them go for it but don't be surprised if one day the various digital download services no longer accept keys from outside your region. The game devs are still getting paid, just less because their royalties would be based off the cheap region official releases. And also note that if they start changing patches like censored versions for those regions you will get that not necessarily the US release version. Steam originally tried to stop the practice and made those other region releases unplayable if your IP wasn't in the region but there was enough of a backlash that they reenabled the games.

Activision and other publishers should hate g2play only because if that game in that region is distributed by another company they get no royalties from the sale unless the publisher helped fund the game development. Game devs will still get a royalty from the sale, but a lower one based from the region so I would guess they would discourage this practice g2play does also.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
Old 06-21-10, 09:46 AM   #22
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Because we all know on a struggling platform saving a couple bucks is key!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
Old 06-21-10, 12:18 PM   #23
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Because we all know on a struggling platform saving a couple bucks is key!
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Old 06-21-10, 12:40 PM   #24
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Nicker is reported.
Closed Thread