Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-22-10, 07:59 AM   #37
JohnDio

Default Re: Microsoft Reinvesting in PC Platform (Again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Blah Blah Blah... no Forza, no PGR, no Alan Wake for PC so MS can GTFO

Bring back Age of Empires and FS and we can start talk.
QFT!
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:04 AM   #38
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i still remember the interview with one MS douche bag, and when he said that MS doesn't want multiplatform releases at the same time, because European market usually buys the PC version and they want them to buy xbox version instead.

this is why I dont trust MS when it comes to gaming, they always have an agenda
Well their agenda has been SELL XBOX but now from what I am reading their board members and such are not happy with the shift from PC focus overall, not just gaming, to Xbox and Kinect and Zune and crap like that. This resulted in the recent employee shake-ups and could be related to this.

MS makes all its money from Windows and other PC apps. While I think the Xbox has been making a profit for a couple years now it is still so far in the hole they might never climb out again and their other entertainment divisions still lose money. I bet Kinect loses money.

They need to take the PC back by the balls and hold on to it. That means a LOT more than gaming, but it is a part of it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:07 AM   #39
Nitz Walsh

I hope so, but this is about the 3rd "reboot" of Games for Windows I've seen. I recall (think it was this forums) that the second time a Games for Windows rep was posting here and others, explaining that we would be seeing more timely ports and generally encouraging remarks all around.

He was sacked shortly after.

With that being said

GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:16 AM   #40
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
I hope MS DOES indeed do this. I think their biggest problem over the years is that they have become complacent. Not only in gaming but in a multitude of categories.
I don't think complacency was the issue. They made a business decision to support the 360 and neuter pc support to accomplish that and I believe it bit them in the wallet as devs are moving to other platforms.

I personally don't mind ports (DS, GoW etc) I loved..but exclusivity is just a stupid decision. I don't trust MS, and would love to be able to play the full range of titles on a mac or on Linux.

But hopefully this is a start.
Old 06-22-10, 08:28 AM   #41
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

MS needs to do a few things, first, put BLU RAY in the freakin Xbox. Next, they need to get rid of gehFWL and make something more along the lines of Steam, (even though I hope they don't cause they fail at gehFWL by itself) And den, bring more popularity back to the PC, because all the devs think that consoles can make more cash because of no piracy. Well, there totally is piracy on consoles, it's dumb to think not. And like was said before, windows is the largest platform to release any software on, so that's a huge money situation.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:30 AM   #42
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
I hope so, but this is about the 3rd "reboot" of Games for Windows I've seen. I recall (think it was this forums) that the second time a Games for Windows rep was posting here and others, explaining that we would be seeing more timely ports and generally encouraging remarks all around.

He was sacked shortly after.

With that being said

GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
GEARS OF WAR 2 PC
I remember him, he actually seemed sincere in helping out the PC platform, but one person can't do much against a stable of douche bags.
And this whole announcement is pathetic, if they really wanted to proof that they are sincere, make a bigger announcement, mention more games are coming, dont just hint that they might be more.
Old 06-22-10, 08:32 AM   #43
K007

They could start by putting out GoW3 both released on PC/Consoles at the same time, and the PC version will include free GoW2.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:36 AM   #44
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
They could start by putting out GoW3 both released on PC/Consoles at the same time, and the PC version will include free GoW2.
haha, yeah like that gonna happen. they might release GoW2 when GoW4 gets released.

Old 06-22-10, 08:55 AM   #45
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
They really should have done Fable 2/3 as a combo pack on PC for $59.99, rather than skipping 2.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 09:01 AM   #46
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
haha, yeah like that gonna happen. they might release GoW2 when GoW4 gets released.
I see that happening. But you'll have to use Windows 8 to play it even though it only needs DirectX9.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 09:36 AM   #47
grey_1

Quote:
I'd be good with that.
Old 06-22-10, 11:51 AM   #48
Ywap

Id be happy to make M$ even richer if they let me have what i want. Even console ports are ok as long as they dont lock the framerate and add a checkbox to turn motion blur off.

Good news, hope its true!