Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-10, 12:06 PM   #37
YodaStar

Default Re: CliffyB asked about Gears 2 on PC: "Never."

Well it aint comming for PS3 either. But isn't Bulletstorm made by EPIC and that game is multiplatform, no?
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 12:37 PM   #38
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
Well it aint comming for PS3 either. But isn't Bulletstorm made by EPIC and that game is multiplatform, no?
Made by People Cam Fly, not Epic... published by Epic.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 01:10 PM   #39
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I personally won't get mad about this announcement because I think gears plays a little better with console controller anyways. Same with batman Arkham asylum. The 3rd person games just work well with controllers.

If you've got a good sound system and screen to play a console game on, it's really damn fun. And I'll personally take a lower resolution 50" screen + comfy couch and big sound system over a higher res 24" screen, hunched over the keyboard/mouse setup any day. I know that not every guy has that at home but there ARE ways to make console gaming more enjoyable without porting them to PC.

I originally waited for gears 1 to come out on PC so I got that and then when my brother came over and had it in his car, I popped his 360 version in mine and actually liked it a bit more.

So I just went ahead and got gears 2 a couple of months after it came out and really liked it. I'll be getting the 3rd one without hesitation.

I won't get chapped at epic if it never comes out on PC, I'll be chapped at them if I get it and it's a terrible game.

I don't see anyone nerd raging over god of war, gran tourismo or forza or mario/zelda games not coming out on pc. Why?

Why is it that gamers of all genres collectively ejaculate over these big platinum title games that are exclusive to 1 console yet when a game comes out for PS3 and Xbox, all of a sudden the PC gamers are out with their pitchforks? It's like when the God of war 3 reviews started to come out, guys were going out and buying PS3's JUST to play GOW3 but OH! Oh! gears and most likely halo 3 doesn't come to PC and we swear that they're treating us like animals... so lets all take a dump on their floor! That'll show em!

We aren't entitled to anything that the developers don't feel like giving us. Passing up on games that are good (regardless of system) simply because we can't have it as a PC port is dumb. Guys are practically giving away their elite 360's to get the new slims. A guy at our office sold his elite + power brick for $100. for us who will spend 3 times that (or a lot more) for a new video card, we really don't have many excuses to NOT have a 360 or PS3 to play some of these very good console exclusive games.

Cliff notes:

Ranting about a big title game because it doesn't come out on PC =/= reason to whine
Ranting about a big title game because it is a terrible game = reason to whine.

/rant
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 01:35 PM   #40
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I personally won't get mad about this announcement because I think gears plays a little better with console controller anyways. Same with batman Arkham asylum. The 3rd person games just work well with controllers.

If you've got a good sound system and screen to play a console game on, it's really damn fun. And I'll personally take a lower resolution 50" screen + comfy couch and big sound system over a higher res 24" screen, hunched over the keyboard/mouse setup any day. I know that not every guy has that at home but there ARE ways to make console gaming more enjoyable without porting them to PC.
I agree - which is why I play my PC games on a 360 controller with my HDTV.

Yes, there is a way to make the experience more enjoyable - run it at a true 1080p, 60fps with better texturing and aniso filtering, your own editor, possibility of mods.

In other words, port it to the PC.

Really, the concept of being able to plug a 360 pad and hook up your PC into to your TV that new to you?

Quote:
I originally waited for gears 1 to come out on PC so I got that and then when my brother came over and had it in his car, I popped his 360 version in mine and actually liked it a bit more.
...which makes no sense. It means you simply preferred to play on with a controller or HDTV, both of which are easily obtainable on the PC. With 60fps you'll get far better control via both input methods, and your HDTV will be fully utilized at its native res.

That is the strength of the PC - choice. You don't get that with a closed platform.
Quote:
I won't get chapped at epic if it never comes out on PC, I'll be chapped at them if I get it and it's a terrible game.

I don't see anyone nerd raging over god of war, gran tourismo or forza or mario/zelda games not coming out on pc. Why?
...because they're not published by MS, the same company that makes the OS and declares it's the "best for gaming"? Because none of their previous releases were on the PC? Because the developers of Gow/Gran Turismo have zero history on the PC, as opposed to Epic which became the studio that it is by a long list of successes on the PC?

Really, did you spend more than 2 minutes even thinking about this post?
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 02:13 PM   #41
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Part of my frustration is that I think UE3 looks really crappy on console, which is funny because it was made for consoles. It just looks washed-out and desaturated on console, where as the higher res and AA you can force on PC makes it look a lot better.
Its one of best engines on console. But I dont think most developers know how to use it properly like Epic.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 02:20 PM   #42
agentkay

Epic and CliffyB should take a lesson from Bioware.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=253256

And the X360 is utter crap, I turn it on maybe once or twice a year for a few hours. What a waste of money that ****box was, I'll never buy a console again, ever.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 02:21 PM   #43
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

I've played games on home theater gaming PC's @ 1080p and saw no compelling reason to put that much money into it for myself. for just gaming (which is all I'd use it for), it has a poor opportunity cost. You have to use it for a lot more for it to be worth it IMO.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
Old 06-24-10, 03:32 PM   #44
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
I've played games on home theater gaming PC's @ 1080p and saw no compelling reason to put that much money into it for myself. for just gaming (which is all I'd use it for), it has a poor opportunity cost. You have to use it for a lot more for it to be worth it IMO.
Yeah, like say a home theater or something.

Not sure what you mean - do you believe a "home theatre" PC is somehow expensive? A $500 PC is easily capable of running games at 1080 at far better framerates than the consoles. 1080p isn't exactly a high res these days.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-10, 03:44 PM   #45
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

It's not worth it to me because my PS3 does all of that. It was the main reason I got it. I've owned it over 2 years before actually buying a game for it. The only game I ever intended to play on it was GT5.

- Server -

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
Old 06-24-10, 04:02 PM   #46
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
in case you didn't noticed, you can use a controller with PC, and also incase you didn't noticed they make these things called cables, and you can connect PC to your BIG SCREEN.

that way if you really want the bad controlls, larger screen you can have those things with added bonus of better visuals.
Old 06-24-10, 04:18 PM   #47
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
in case you didn't noticed, you can use a controller with PC, and also incase you didn't noticed they make these things called cables, and you can connect PC to your BIG SCREEN.

that way if you really want the bad controlls, larger screen you can have those things with added bonus of better visuals.
In case you didn't noticed, I already addressed this.

- Server -

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
Old 06-24-10, 04:52 PM   #48
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I don't the big screen argument because a 24" monitor from two feet away is larger than a 50" TV from half a living room away. I sometimes hook my PC up to my big screen to play controller games on the couch and its smaller, not bigger, in picture size.

Also the whole "hunched over a keyboard" thing annoys me... I have a damn nice leather office chair that is as comfy as a couch really, and I don't "hunch" over anything, I recline.

Hyperbole like that from a PC gamer is kind of unexpected.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote