Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-10, 03:58 PM   #49
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: CliffyB asked about Gears 2 on PC: "Never."

does anyone seriously give a **** anyways? I mean Gears sucks ass.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:04 PM   #50
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Its one of best engines on console. But I dont think most developers know how to use it properly like Epic.
Uh no. ME2 looks 10x better than gears of brown.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:07 PM   #51
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The only series to impress me on UE3 have been Bioshock, Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge, none of which were Epic or 360 exclusive, which I find amusing.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:33 PM   #52
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
In case you didn't noticed, I already addressed this.
...you did?
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:59 PM   #53
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post

Hyperbole like that from a PC gamer is kind of unexpected.
hhaha dude every lan party I used to go to is always row after row of dudes hunched over. I'm more of a slouched back with my feet propped up guy.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 05:30 PM   #54
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
hhaha dude every lan party I used to go to is always row after row of dudes hunched over. I'm more of a slouched back with my feet propped up guy.
it's not like those hunched-over dudes are sitting there thinking "this is fantastic, if only I wasn't so hunched. I love playing counter strike source but this hunching is just really too much."

They don't give a crap what their posture is like because they are engrossed in a game and they are trying to get their eyeballs as close to the action as possible.

In summary, hunching is not a down side, it's a symptom of being engrossed in a game.
Old 06-24-10, 05:48 PM   #55
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I never, ever hunch. I have no idea why one would choose to do so, but it has nothing to do with PC gaming versus console gaming.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-25-10, 08:59 AM   #56
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
I never, ever hunch. I have no idea why one would choose to do so, but it has nothing to do with PC gaming versus console gaming.
Perhaps hunching over like a gargoyle is an exaggeration, but the very fact you need a flat surface to use a mouse/keyboard on precludes the fact that for 99% of PC setups you'll be sitting at least upright with your face close to the display.

Leaning back on your couch with a controller is indeed a different experience. Can't always do that either, which is why I like the choice of control styles the PC gives you.

Old 06-25-10, 09:13 AM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
Perhaps hunching over like a gargoyle is an exaggeration, but the very fact you need a flat surface to use a mouse/keyboard on precludes the fact that for 99% of PC setups you'll be sitting at least upright with your face close to the display.

Leaning back on your couch with a controller is indeed a different experience. Can't always do that either, which is why I like the choice of control styles the PC gives you.
Every office chair in existence reclines though... the whole point of an office chair is to keep your back straight but also let you lean back. If you are leaning forward toward the monitor to game I assume you just like that position, in which case you probably lean forward on the couch as well.

Old 06-25-10, 09:36 AM   #58
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

mine doesn't (at work that is)

my home office chair leans way back
Old 06-25-10, 11:25 AM   #59
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
If you are leaning forward toward the monitor to game I assume you just like that position, in which case you probably lean forward on the couch as well.
I said sitting up straight, not leaning forward. Your arguing with a different poster I assume yet replying to me.

Regardless, slightly leaning back in an office chair is hardly comparable to playing on the couch with your feet up 10ft from the TV. They are in different stratosphere's of being "relaxed".

I sit in an office chair all day. I don't want to sit in one when I come at home. There's a reason they've called office chairs - no rational individual would buy one to truly relax and watch a movie in one.
Old 06-25-10, 11:33 AM   #60
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well, people are different. My chair is as nice as a couch to me and I often choose to watch things on my PC because I am comfy there. I also like how large the screen feels at my PC desk, my TV feels much smaller even though it is 48".

I don't work in an office though, that could be a difference.