Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-25-10, 11:55 AM   #1
ugtar

Default How to start clone mode when X is initialized

Hey all, it seems like there should be a simple way to do this but I don't know how. I have a theater set up with a linux box. The box has two video cards, the first is connected to a muxer which drives a display in the control room, and the second drives the operator's display in the theater, as well as the projector.

The issue is, right now the operator has to go run up to the control room to log in (because gdm only appears on display 0). What she does now is after logging in, her nvidia settings are set up for clone mode, so after she's logged in she has the same display in the control room, at the operator's display, and on the projector.

Basically, what I don't know how to do is start up clone mode *before* she logs in, so that gdm appears using clone mode on all the diplays.

It seems like I should be able to drop some command into the /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default script to start up nvidia's clone mode. Is there a nvidia-settings, or other command that can start clone mode there?

Thanks!

Uri
ugtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 12:58 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: How to start clone mode when X is initialized

You should be able to add these options to xorg.conf:
Code:
Option "TwinView"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
See Chapter 13 of the README for more detail on configuring multiple displays in xorg.conf.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote