Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-10, 06:12 PM   #25
Destroy

Default Re: Crysis 2 vs. Rage: Gametrailers' Best Graphics of E3 Award Goes to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I am f*cking buying Kirby now.
Is it coming out for PC? Looks like a good Little Big Planet rip off, if its on PC I might buy it.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 06:36 PM   #26
|MaguS|

Default Re: Crysis 2 vs. Rage: Gametrailers' Best Graphics of E3 Award Goes to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Is it coming out for PC? Looks like a good Little Big Planet rip off, if its on PC I might buy it.
Yes Nintendo is publishing PC Games now... man what a stupid question.

And no its not a Little Big Planet rip off, just because something is 2D doesn't make it a rip off of another 2D Game.
Old 06-26-10, 07:05 PM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yes Nintendo is publishing PC Games now... man what a stupid question.

And no its not a Little Big Planet rip off, just because something is 2D doesn't make it a rip off of another 2D Game.
Sure it does. I bought Little Big Planet because it was a good ripoff of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 07:06 PM   #28
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Have you guys actually stopped to check Kirby out. It has some really clever effects. Out of all ames there, it looks the most realistic, sure it's only cloth, but it looks like real cloth. Plus it has a lot of little touches like LBP, that give it that wow factor. So you can see why they'd give it to Kirby.

Also to make little girls like you cry when they didn't choose your favourite game.

EDIT: :: @ Hunt
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 07:11 PM   #29
Yaboze

For some reason, Crysis 2 looked like F.E.A.R. 2 to me.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 07:53 PM   #30
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

A few people mentioned that. Doesn't mind me. FEAR2 run really well for how it looked.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 12:50 AM   #31
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I will hand kirby the artistic award of the show...hell.. that thing pulls off the best artistic effect ive seen in years. But a graphics award it does not win.

Personaly, I think I would have handed it to ID tech5. Its coming along quite nicely and its many years of work shows. The world it produces is extremly detailed, vivid, and offers up very little of the repeating syndrome, totaly exploiting its megatexture technology. Crysis looks impressive as ever, but didn't show nearly as much polish. I saw alot of rough edges in crysis 2 still, but rage was pure butter.
Old 06-27-10, 01:30 AM   #32
Sgt_Pitt

I totally agree with GT on this...

Nowadays it's all about throwing hardware at games with layers upon layers of effects.

Some people have lost thier way with programming in my opinion, and games get just as bloated as operating systems.

The key to good programming imho is making a game that not only looks fantastic but runs great as well.

It's kind of like those 4kb demos, its about getting the most out of as little as possible.

Old 06-27-10, 02:21 AM   #33
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
I totally agree with GT on this...

Nowadays it's all about throwing hardware at games with layers upon layers of effects.

Some people have lost thier way with programming in my opinion, and games get just as bloated as operating systems.

The key to good programming imho is making a game that not only looks fantastic but runs great as well.

It's kind of like those 4kb demos, its about getting the most out of as little as possible.
but the award titled is best graphics...Not best game...

i actually thought rage might win it...it looked pretty decent on the video they showed which is console.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 09:33 AM   #34
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I think the end point is that artistry and graphics should be two different categories... I don't blame GT for wanting to give a different and unique looking game a reward like this, but it really should be an art award, not a technical one.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:41 AM   #35
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The GT fail awards keep coming with "best FPS": http://www.gametrailers.com/video/be...t-of-e3/701156

Crysis 2 not even nominated and Ghost Recon Future Soldier isn't an FPS (and looked like ass).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:57 AM   #36
wysiwyg

looking forward to crysis 2 more than rage

rage looks like borderlands

i just hope there is some originality and PC enhancements in crysis 2
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote