Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-10, 10:49 PM   #13
Bearclaw

Default Re: "Hulu Plus" app for iPhone

This is definitely worth it in some aspect to me. And NaitoSan - I DO believe you can access it anywhere, on any device, as long as you pay. Kind of like Netflix in that sense. I barely watch TV but if I could stay up to date which seems like I could through this, then maybe it's alright.
Old 06-30-10, 09:12 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Its stupid that you pay a monthly sub and you still get ads. I will join it when I can watch without ads.
Old 06-30-10, 09:15 AM   #15
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Its stupid that you pay a monthly sub and you still get ads. I will join it when I can watch without ads.
I think Hulu will see most people have this mentality. In the app store, there are 1200 reviews so far and the average rating is 1 star. Hopefully this wakes Hulu up and they do some changes while this is in Beta still.

Until they do change some stuff though, I will remain optimistic for Netflix. It's cheaper per month, no ads, and while they don't always have the best TV show selection, they're overall better.
Old 06-30-10, 12:41 PM   #16
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I don't have Netflix myself so can someone tell me what the typical time to release an episode for a show is? Is it more than a week?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 12:59 PM   #17
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I don't have Netflix myself so can someone tell me what the typical time to release an episode for a show is? Is it more than a week?
When i first joined it was terrible. Org movies and tv. They have come a long way though. They add new movies and tv shows daily for older stuff and for newer stuff, I haven't found a show yet where they don't add the new episode the next day or even after it airs. You can even set up alerts so you'll know when it added. Pretty nice.

Now, granted I watch little tv but my shows, office, law and order, csi, big name shows are all on the next day usually.

But that's the thing too. I use netflix for movies and Hulu for tv. I pay 7 bucks a month for netflix and Hulu is free. They want to charge for back seasons, etc. And have ads but if you're consistent and watch your shows then you don't need the backlog or to pay 10 bucks. Just way them when they pop up on hulu, you know?
Old 07-10-10, 01:46 PM   #18
Airbrushkid

Yeah Hulu is free on your desktop. But no way am I going to pay them $10.00 a month for Hulu Plus on my phone.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote