Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-01-10, 09:15 AM   #1
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default TERA - Walkthrough Video

So I hate MMOs... Guild Wars and Star Trek Online both bored me to tears and I regret buying them.

This though... this looks fun. Actual combat, dodge, move, swing your sword... like Oblivion, but with tons of co-op partners. The graphics look good too, and having 8 classes is cool. If the healer only heals though, that's lame.

Check it out: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...t-e-r-a/701208

Anyone else think it looks good? Any more seasoned MMO gamers want to tell me what will suck about it?

Thanks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 09:19 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: TERA - Walkthrough Video

I got interested but I hope its not instanced like Guild Wars which I have a feeling it will be.

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.
Old 07-01-10, 09:23 AM   #3
Vardant

It's not instanced. It's more like Lineage 2, open world PvP with no predefined sides. I've been keeping an eye on it for months, too bad it's still far away.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 09:26 AM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I got interested but I hope its not instanced like Guild Wars which I have a feeling it will be.

Guild Wars isn't an MMO.
Star Trek does the same thing though, only the galactic map thing is massively multiplayer, all the mission areas and such are instanced.

Both of them are boring, either way.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 09:30 AM   #5
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
It's not instanced. It's more like Lineage 2, open world PvP with no predefined sides. I've been keeping an eye on it for months, too bad it's still far away.
Well according to their website they will offer two servers, one with open PvP and another with only consensual PvP with a focus on PvE.
Old 07-01-10, 09:38 AM   #6
Vardant

I never play on PvE servers if there's a choice, so I skipped that part It's too soon for such details anyway. I just hope, that they're not lying about the ability to "westernize" the game. From changing the XP tables to some balance fixes.

NCSoft said the same thing about Aion and all they did was translate stuff differently...
Old 07-01-10, 12:35 PM   #7
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Wasn't interested at first... because I am really starting to hate MMOs... but then they said it actually rewards skill and I was like "wot?" That is my main issue with MMOs.... I get tired of all of the autoattack BS. If I have ACTUAL control over my character in an MMO, I would be very happy.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 01:43 PM   #8
Vardant

I know what you mean. I just hope you can actually kill somebody who's better equiped and there will be nothing like missing with skills, because he's one or more level higher than you. I'm ok with dealing less damage, but getting completely resisted is retarded.

Old 07-01-10, 01:48 PM   #9
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
I know what you mean. I just hope you can actually kill somebody who's better equiped and there will be nothing like missing with skills, because he's one or more level higher than you. I'm ok with dealing less damage, but getting completely resisted is retarded.
Yup. That is my problem with MMOs... I loved them a few years back... but for some reason I just grew tired of it all. Guess I finally realized it had barely any real interaction .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote