Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-01-10, 03:38 PM   #13
bacon12

Default Re: Windows Phone 7 Series

Well I just don't see the added value for $30 a month I guess. Its cool but not necessary for me, like I said my laptop is with me 90% of the time so I will find a hotspot if necessary. I hate answering my phone most of the time, especially when I am trying to work and it won't stop ringing.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 03:58 PM   #14
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I'm a HUGE fan of the Zune interface. I love the Zune software on the PC, too.

However, a lack of multitasking and system wide copy/paste is unacceptable. They've finally got "the phone is not a PC", but they've gone TOO FAR over IMO.
This.

I was VERY interested after the original debut.

And then the details came out and I said no thanks and bought an iphone4.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 03:58 PM   #15
betterdan

I saw no use in a smartphone myself and rarely ever turned on my Tracfone which has had less than 60 minutes used all year. My wife just got a smartphone and I think it's pretty damn cool and I want one now.
Old 07-01-10, 05:28 PM   #16
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
I saw no use in a smartphone myself and rarely ever turned on my Tracfone which has had less than 60 minutes used all year. My wife just got a smartphone and I think it's pretty damn cool and I want one now.
I rarely use my PC these days as my phone can almost do the same things and it's a lot easier to carry around. Only thing missing is flash, but that's coming later this year.
Old 07-01-10, 05:47 PM   #17
mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
me to but an extra 30 a month. Why is it so damn expensive.
Old 07-01-10, 05:57 PM   #18
betterdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
me to but an extra 30 a month. Why is it so damn expensive.
Yea that part sucks almost as much as Bob on a tuity fruity popsicle.
We are paying $79.99 a month for my wife's plan which is 450 minutes talk, unlimited text and web. She uses her phone to sync with her Exchange server at work for all her tasks, calendar,contacts and email which is important to her for her job. I don't need to do that at all but I just want one anyways
If I get a new phone I am seriously thinking about just dropping the house phone which is about $40 a month. That will cover about half the monthly charge. Plus we never answer the damn thing anyways and the answering machine usually has messages from weeks ago on it.
Old 07-01-10, 06:44 PM   #19
bacon12

I dropped my land line over a year ago Dan. I use two mobiles and one servers as a replacement for the land line/ office. I was contemplating an answering service alone but it would have cost more than adding another line to my mobile plan.
Old 07-01-10, 07:05 PM   #20
betterdan

Well I just talked to the wife and she does not want to get rid of the house phone.

Old 07-01-10, 08:15 PM   #21
mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
I dropped my land line over a year ago Dan. I use two mobiles and one servers as a replacement for the land line/ office. I was contemplating an answering service alone but it would have cost more than adding another line to my mobile plan.
I don't have a land line either. I pay about $110.00 unlimited text & pictures with Verizon. I would love the new android but 150+ a month for cells damn. The only carrier worth a **** when all the hurricanes hit was verizon. I don't know I may need to shop around, I am a dumbass when it comes to cell phones.
Old 07-01-10, 11:28 PM   #22
betterdan

Don't worry Mullet, I'm a dumbass when it comes to these phones too (but I'm a freakin' genius on everything else )
We jumped on TMobile for my wife's smartphone because on Father's Day all their phones were free plus their plans are the cheapest I've found. She wanted the Garminfone she saw on tv and getting that $199 phone for free, I couldn't resist making her happy.
The thing is our house is in a dead zone but if we go a block down the street we get full 3g signal. Right now the phone is sitting beside me and surprisingly it is getting 2 bars signal with Edge.
Old 07-02-10, 09:15 AM   #23
mullet

hmm, I thought about t-mobile, I will have to do some research. What's edge?
Old 07-02-10, 09:48 AM   #24
bacon12

I am on verison too Mullet. They are for sure the most reliable in my area, but the data plans are also the most expensive. Unless I have a moment of weakness, or land a huge contract that requires me to have it I will most likely be staying with a phone that make calls and little else.

I disabled data on my current phone because I got charged one month for $10 worth of data that I didn't use, I guess it was accidental.

Two months later I got another data charge of $5 for a text message with a picture in it! Its just a freaking rip off now, no other way around it. I am so glad I have been so far immune to this tech bug so many people seem to have. When I am away from home I am working, and don't have time to dick around online.

Like I said if I need it I will get it, but its not really something I want so bad that I am willing to pay that much for knowing how bad they are raping the consumer for a little bandwidth.