Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-10, 09:19 AM   #13
K007

Default Re: CD Key Lost

could be a steam thing...but the mp side of cod even via steam didn't need the steam to be running...maybe it didn't work cause key was blank?...anyway mw1 stats were not that important
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 09:19 AM   #14
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
Install Game
Run tool
Install patches
done

Been doing it since that first format.

I still don't see why developers still dont use the damn My Documents\My Games folder. FFS get with the program!

I have savegames in that folder for years and I never have problems, it makes reinstallation much less of a pain. Most of the time, once the game is installed and patched (after a reformat or something) all your settings and save games are ready to go.
You may not play on servers that are streaming or maybe you been lucky for now...

Here is a link for the violation http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/m...ch;_accCheck=1

My brother used a lvl 55 hack tool and 2 weeks later his PB GUID was banned from all major leagues. Having to buy a new CD key thus acquiring a new PB GUID to clear his name.

On the other hand some people may get banned ny Streaming servers and may never know about it as they never play on them....most streaming servers are for esports only so you might be safe.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 09:32 AM   #15
Logical

BTW i have started my team back up....and trialing academy skilled players this week for Europes best league ESL and to LAN in uk.

Lemme know what you think http://www.team-peritus.co.uk still a few things need finishing on the site but alomst there.
Old 07-06-10, 10:17 AM   #16
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
You may not play on servers that are streaming or maybe you been lucky for now...

Here is a link for the violation http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/m...ch;_accCheck=1

My brother used a lvl 55 hack tool and 2 weeks later his PB GUID was banned from all major leagues. Having to buy a new CD key thus acquiring a new PB GUID to clear his name.

On the other hand some people may get banned ny Streaming servers and may never know about it as they never play on them....most streaming servers are for esports only so you might be safe.
That still won't clear your name because your username is tied to your GUID on competitive sites, and the GUID can't be changed. So you'd have to create a new player/username and everything.

Besides, COD4 competition is pretty much over anyways...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 10:44 AM   #17
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
That still won't clear your name because your username is tied to your GUID on competitive sites, and the GUID can't be changed. So you'd have to create a new player/username and everything.

Besides, COD4 competition is pretty much over anyways...
Right you are sir, also your ip address is linked on competitive sites...

The workaround...get a new cd key, release ip and obtain another, use a different ethernet port (to change MAC address) or get a new ethernet card, register new name on league and install cod4 with new key and obtain new GUID.

CoD4 is still one of the most played games in European Esports and is still booming in leagues like Enemy Down, ESL and clanbase as well as UK LAN's such as Multiplays i series. There hasnt been a FPS game since CoD4 that can be modded and used in competition with such balance...i hope Black Ops can change that but will have to see.
Old 07-06-10, 12:50 PM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
Right you are sir, also your ip address is linked on competitive sites...

The workaround...get a new cd key, release ip and obtain another, use a different ethernet port (to change MAC address) or get a new ethernet card, register new name on league and install cod4 with new key and obtain new GUID.

CoD4 is still one of the most played games in European Esports and is still booming in leagues like Enemy Down, ESL and clanbase as well as UK LAN's such as Multiplays i series. There hasnt been a FPS game since CoD4 that can be modded and used in competition with such balance...i hope Black Ops can change that but will have to see.
Agreed. MW2 was a let down for competitive play.

Why would you have to change your MAC? That shouldn't be visible to anyone externally. And IP banning is pointless nowadays since practically no one has a static IP.
Old 07-06-10, 04:30 PM   #19
Logical

Quote:
Agreed. MW2 was a let down for competitive play.

Why would you have to change your MAC? That shouldn't be visible to anyone externally. And IP banning is pointless nowadays since practically no one has a static IP.
The Punksbusted master player index lists all players and ips they have joined servers from, league admins use this to cross reference ip's they have logged onto the league with. In the Clanbase league they use a 3rd party program called XAC (xray anti cheat) which will take random screenshots of the game when its running. XAC also records ip adresses and mac addresses (or operating system ID's) and uploads that to a server where the public can check for hacks.

Here's mine http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?...&userid=127283

The 'Hardware: user has 1 machine' is the part where they take MAC address or OS ID.
Old 07-06-10, 04:49 PM   #20
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

You have any montages of yourself logical? I used to be heavy into Cod4. Only played on pubs and random clan matches, but the game was awesome. The clips they had on source radio site were unbelievable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-10, 04:54 PM   #21
ViN86

Quote:
The Punksbusted master player index lists all players and ips they have joined servers from, league admins use this to cross reference ip's they have logged onto the league with. In the Clanbase league they use a 3rd party program called XAC (xray anti cheat) which will take random screenshots of the game when its running. XAC also records ip adresses and mac addresses (or operating system ID's) and uploads that to a server where the public can check for hacks.

Here's mine http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?...&userid=127283

The 'Hardware: user has 1 machine' is the part where they take MAC address or OS ID.
Ahh interesting, didn't know some sites logged MAC addresses too.

Of course if you have a router, you can always just fake a new external MAC. You can do the same with a MAC changer (I had to use a MAC changer so I can register my 360 with my campus network hehe).
Old 07-06-10, 05:17 PM   #22
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
You have any montages of yourself logical? I used to be heavy into Cod4. Only played on pubs and random clan matches, but the game was awesome. The clips they had on source radio site were unbelievable.
No, i was never into the whole movie making or even getting someone to do one for me, might be something to think about now i have started playing again though.

Old 07-06-10, 05:19 PM   #23
Logical

Quote:
Ahh interesting, didn't know some sites logged MAC addresses too.

Of course if you have a router, you can always just fake a new external MAC. You can do the same with a MAC changer (I had to use a MAC changer so I can register my 360 with my campus network hehe).
Yeah ive changed my MAC address a couple of times through my router.

Old 07-06-10, 06:43 PM   #24
ViN86

Quote:
Yeah ive changed my MAC address a couple of times through my router.

LOL were you hacking or something?