Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-08-10, 09:10 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Dragon Age II Officially Announced

BioWare has revealed a few more details on Dragon Age 2, as the official website for the game also went live this morning. The site offers a couple of pieces of concept art, as well as some more info on the game's setting and features. The site also promises a debut trailer will be released on August 17.
Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key Features:
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/C...ctID=201797000

Old 07-08-10, 09:30 PM   #2
Shadowdust

Default Re: Dragon Age II Officially Announced

I'm really excited about the news. I can't wait to see the debut trailer. It sucks that we have to wait until next month. Nonetheless, I think it's great that they're able to release the next game as early as they are planning!
Shadowdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 11:37 PM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Everyone on the Bioware forum is freaking the hell out thinking this will be an action game. I agree there is some reason for concern, but not drawing conclusions already.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 11:39 PM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I hope it is an action game. Action games require some amount of skill. Not just clicking a skill button and then letting auto attack do all of the work :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:03 AM   #5
jlippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Everyone on the Bioware forum is freaking the hell out thinking this will be an action game. I agree there is some reason for concern, but not drawing conclusions already.
It is game from Bioware, it is still a japanese date simulator in heart, just like 5 of their previous games.

It doesn't matter what kind of combat is there or the setting of the game, it's the conversations where the game is at.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:09 AM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
i really hope they don't screw it up and turn it into another Mass Effect, It better be a true Bioware oldschool RPG.
Old 07-09-10, 04:19 AM   #7
K007

very cool news! I loved DA1.

I hope this time around they up the graphics a bit, the low rez textures were probably the only bad thing about DA.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 05:56 AM   #8
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

A sequel to a successful franchise? Shocking!
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-10, 06:14 AM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i really hope they don't screw it up and turn it into another Mass Effect, It better be a true Bioware oldschool RPG.
The "MASS EFFECT!" thing seems a popular concern today, but turning a stat-based RPG into an action-RPG would be a rather large change... I really doubt that was ever on the table.

I could see streamlining though, certainly.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 06:59 AM   #10
A2597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I hope it is an action game. Action games require some amount of skill. Not just clicking a skill button and then letting auto attack do all of the work :\.
Someone played on the wrong difficulty setting.

"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. From 30,000 feet, every single bomb always hits the ground."
- U.S. Air Force ammunition memo
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 07:02 AM   #11
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

My prediction is they will make the game a lot easier and probably more action based than the first.
Old 07-09-10, 07:54 AM   #12
LurkerLito

I was excited when I heard the news then I heard about the changes and I am not excited about it anymore but very concerned. I definitely don't want a Dragon Effect game, right now all we know is that we can only choose a male or female human character and all the other options we had with DA1 of being a dwarf or elf are gone. But if they ME2 the game I probably will not buy it. The idea that they will keep it a human character only in order to focus on the story is OK for me, as long as they keep it an RPG not a ME2 like Action game with RPG-ish stat distributions.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote