Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-10, 05:17 AM   #13
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Sniper - Ghost Warrior

I finished the game few days ago. Overall its an above average game, i'd give it a pass. I mean its still a lot better than Blacksite which bored me so much that i forgot i had it installed.

I played on the hardest difficulty and its surprisingly one of the hardest games ive played. You can suddenly die in 1 - 2 hits while at full health. But one thing that really fails is the unpredictable AI. Theres this particular mission where im supposed to infiltrate an enemy camp undetected. I got rid of all the enemies insight but even when i crawled my way through the compound the alarm ALWAYS sounds. Even though my "stealth" meter was at zero.

Theres also a checkpoint where the game saved at the part where ****loads of enemies spawned and there is no way i can escape to cover. I had to restart the entire chapter again. I wonder if they even did any proper play testing on this game. Because i got pissed off way to many times to think they didnt.

Anyway its a nice game if you can forgive the unpredictable AI and graphical glitches. Dont expect much out of the story, but it should keep you entertained enough to finish the game.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 11:54 PM   #14
LurkerLito

I finally got the full version from amazon, and I like it, I am only at the start where the demo's first level is and the section right before that was kind of lame. It's not sniper, stealth, it's more of a run and gun to get to the truck. Not really what I was expecting from a game called sniper. Also it has some weird bugs, I ran into the guy guarding the truck I was suppose to hide in, but as I switched my weapon to the handgun to kill him I he turned around and I guess I hit the trigger for the sequence, and skipped killing him but hid in the truck even though he was looking right at me right before I went in lol. The first time I ran it it gave me an invalid key message, but is fine after the first run.

I was looking around but I guess there is no FOV fix for the game. It's making me a bit nauseous so I can't play it much at all till someone can come up with a fix. It's weird but the demo didn't affect me that much but then again I guess it was because I didn't play it that long.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 11:59 PM   #15
Destroy

I doubt there ever will be a FOV fix as this game seems to be unworthy of one or at least I get the general impression no one cares.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 12:49 AM   #16
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Was there an FOV tool for Call of Juarez Bound in Blood? Same engine.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 03:40 AM   #17
Blade
It's just a ride....

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=194

This is the nearest i can find to tweak the engine.

Online has great potential if the devs support the game, that's a big if too as they don't seem to interested in updating the community.
Old 07-11-10, 04:25 PM   #18
LurkerLito

I searched all the files and couldn't find anything regarding changing the FOV. I even unpacked all the .pak files and searched all the config files it had. No luck at all.

Well I played it for a little bit more and I have to say the game is very disappointing. From what I have played it is a pretty misleading name for a game. They should have just called it warrior cause it definitely doesn't feel like "sniper" to me. I am running through the game with an M-16 and a couple of other guys and it's not exactly feeling sniper like at all. This part takes me about 15 minutes then I am put into a sniper spot and told to ambush some incoming soldiers and that lasts like 3-5mins. Then I am back with the M-16 and the other two guys to go get to some guy. I promptly quit the game since I started feeling a bit sick in more ways than just physical. Still I feel mislead by the name of the game and the demo. I am just hoping the 2 levels of the demo are not the ONLY actual sniper game play sections. Playing a normal FPS game then suddenly putting you into a crows nest to snipe some targets is NOT a game that should be called "Sniper" IMO.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 05:01 AM   #19
Blade
It's just a ride....

I just called City Interactive direct on their website support number, & was told by a very helpfull lady that the new patch will be released today or tomorrow!

Stay Tuned.
Old 07-13-10, 12:17 PM   #20
Destroy

Good cause we wouldn't want an old one.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-10, 03:50 AM   #21
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Good cause we wouldn't want an old one.
Less Oldism please. :/
Old 07-14-10, 07:16 AM   #22
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Blade is our official call the developer up guy now.

Please call Eidos/Square and find out when for Deus Ex.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 02:09 PM   #23
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I just called City Interactive direct on their website support number, & was told by a very helpfull lady that the new patch will be released today or tomorrow!

Stay Tuned.
No patch!

The bitch lied!

Blade calls no more Devs, i resign.
Old 07-14-10, 02:28 PM   #24
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Maybe she meant she was getting a nicotine patch.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote