Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-12-10, 10:14 AM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: TF2 - Engineer Update today

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
It does seem like there's something not quite right since this update came out.
Both CSS and TF2 seem laggy and the performance isn't very good. It seems like an engine update? I really hope they fix it soon. I'd really like to play some CSS and TF2.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 04:29 PM   #26
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Both CSS and TF2 seem laggy and the performance isn't very good. It seems like an engine update? I really hope they fix it soon. I'd really like to play some CSS and TF2.
Tell me about it. I used to stomp MAJOR ass with the Demoman, using the Chargin' Targe and the Eyelander. Now I'm having some serious issues with framerates, lockups, etc.

It seems like the problem keeps getting worse and worse. Might have to reinstall the game, and see if that helps.
Old 07-12-10, 05:35 PM   #27
Alaa
Peace

Hey!! And I was wondering why I am getting killed a lot as of late!! I usually play on 33 players servers so I am used to frame rate issue but now it is too much. It is one frame with someone in front of me and the other with me killed.
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 05:45 PM   #28
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

Is anyone using a mac here? It was playing fine before, but now it seems like vsync is on even though it's disabled in the game's settings. My refresh rate is at 60Hz and the framerate switches between exactly 60, 30, 20, etc.
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 07:02 PM   #29
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
lol, if you are on the same server as me, I pray you are not a noob Viral

We don't take kindly to your kind (hence why there are tutorials and stuff).

TF2 is just a blast though

Right now the Engineers just seem a little over-powered. I am expecting another patch soon to re-balance them. With everyone playing engineer, it is almost impossible to take out all the guns if there aren't any medics.
Oh I'm a complete noob. I only play on Australian servers though since my ping would be too bad otherwise. My friend is teaching me but I'm still lost with some classes. I've managed to master medic decent enough and I go alright sometimes at soldier and heavy and sometimes pyro. Everything else I have nfi I think I've only played for like 18hrs so far.

The engineers are definitely overused, They'll probably have to make another patch to balance it again... maybe make the scouts better at taking out guns somehow? Scouts seem to need a boost at something.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 07:42 AM   #30
General Lee

Viral, try playing on a server that has class limits, like three Engineers maximum.

Team Fortress is about just that...teamwork. Ever since this latest update, players have to work together more than ever. Medics are a must. Snipers have their place in the game, but only when a skilled player is using them, and there shouldn't be too many of them on any team, anytime.
Old 07-13-10, 12:25 PM   #31
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Snipers have their place in the game, but only when a skilled player is using them, and there shouldn't be too many of them on any team, anytime.
So why do you play it?
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 10:18 PM   #32
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
So why do you play it?

On a good day, I can really do some damage with the Huntsman. I never use the rifle anymore.

Old 07-13-10, 10:27 PM   #33
mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
lol, if you are on the same server as me, I pray you are not a noob Viral

We don't take kindly to your kind (hence why there are tutorials and stuff).

TF2 is just a blast though

Right now the Engineers just seem a little over-powered. I am expecting another patch soon to re-balance them. With everyone playing engineer, it is almost impossible to take out all the guns if there aren't any medics.
Well things will settle down. The good thing about all the engi's is that spy's and so on will have more opportunity's to find weakness's. I think a lot of people don't put much credit in to being an engi but now that there is so many + the update people are finding it's not so easy to take an area full of engi's. I have thought this all along because all I play is the engi.

my 2 cents.
Old 07-13-10, 10:38 PM   #34
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I'm going to play TF2 for the first time ever tonight... no one kill me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 11:55 PM   #35
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
Well things will settle down. The good thing about all the engi's is that spy's and so on will have more opportunity's to find weakness's. I think a lot of people don't put much credit in to being an engi but now that there is so many + the update people are finding it's not so easy to take an area full of engi's. I have thought this all along because all I play is the engi.

my 2 cents.
Yeah, I remember that your avatar used to be a pic of the Engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You'll love it.
Old 07-14-10, 11:59 AM   #36
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
How'd you like it?
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote