Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-10, 09:41 AM   #1
aeszy

Default hanging w/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35 on edge-flipping

(I am attaching bug-report.log.gz for system/version details)

X drawing is hanging after a specific series of actions. Xorg shows near 100% activity. I am usually able to recover by switching vt to console 1 (waiting a long time for this to take effect), and then switching back to vt7.

I am running Gnome w/ Compiz, and am using the plane plug-in to achieve edge flipping. Normally this is working well, except if I am in a lower desktop, and push up against the top edge on the left side of the screen. In that case, the screen slides part of the way into the upper desktop, and then hangs.

At the top of the Gnome desktop, there is a menu bar, with the three items "Applications", "Places", and "System". If you hover over these items, a yellow text box appears, with further explication of what that menu is for. My edge flipping hangs if I transit through those items on my way to the upper desktops. I get the feeling that this is due to some interaction with the yellow text boxes popping up, as there will be a dark rectangle drawn, perhaps located "under" (in the layer sense) the partially opaque window on the lower desktop. This was also happening w/ the previous beta Nvidia driver version I had installed, which I believe was version NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.25.

Thanks,
Andy S.

Partial work-around to my own question: uncheck /apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled in gconf...
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (35.8 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by aeszy; 07-15-10 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added work-around
aeszy is offline   Reply With Quote