Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-17-10, 07:21 AM   #49
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: iPhone 4 recall "inevitable" as PR experts call for action

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I vote ban for placing quote below post.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 09:23 AM   #50
Airbrushkid

Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 11:48 AM   #51
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Sazar, no I don't own the iPhone 4 yet but I will as soon as it's available here.

I stay with my point. With the iPhone 4 everyone knows the spot where to touch it to force a signal drop. With other phones, it's not that obvious but the behavior is similar.
Yes, there is signal attenuation with many phones. No dispute there.

No, other phones do not have a cosmetic decision to wrap the antenna on the outside of the product to cause the problem so directly.

Quote:
It seems like you are more concerned about how Apple handles this issue than how bad it really it. You're pissed bout the bumper case (saw your other thread) and how Apple "hid" those issues. So it's more a problem with the company and not the product, typical hater behavior This is also why you'd like to see Apple spending $1 Billion than a few millions.
Once you get the phone and try the bumper, especially if you have docks in your car and work and home, come back and let me know how much you like it and if it's worth 30 bucks

Regarding the problem, yes, I am concerned with how Apple is handling this. They are handling this like they handle everything else apparently. Just deny there is a problem and shift the blame.

There is a design flaw and typically when there is a design flaw with a product that directly impacts the usage of the product, there is a recall. Had there been an alternate solution than "hey, we'll give you guys some cases, deal with it", it would be a different matter.

I think you are not realizing that the case "fix" doesn't actually fix anything. IF Apple releases a slightly re-vamped iPhone 4 with a coating on the metal antenna to fix the "death grip" issue in the next month or two, they are obligated to replace the phones already on the market that do not have this fix built in.

Quote:
Fact is that Apple will take care of every customer even though only a small user group is affected. That's generous.
They are supposed to take care of the customer's. But my point is, if you have a case handout and that "fix" is only for a limited time, what happens to the consumers who buy the phone later? Are they SOL?

The only thing I can think of as to why Apple would provide a deadline is if they have an active fix in the works for the attenuation, in which case the phones currently affected should be replaced by them with ones that work correctly. This is an expectation for all products I would think.

Quote:
I still think the main issue is the crappy cellular network in the US. Apple takes all the blame but AT&T has a major role in this. The European reviews I read were also able to reproduce the signal drop but never lost connection, because the network is much better here.
Anand covered the signal drop in detail in 2 separate articles. Undoubtedly AT&T is also partially at fault, but they didn't design the product and they didn't put the antenna on the outside.

One of the sexier "mods" I have seen

Btw, on a more positive note, if you are buying one, take a look at this link.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...CmoreStories.0

I have already registered on Element's site and am holding out for that case
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 12:00 PM   #52
Zelda_fan

I can't believe you guys are still yammering on about this. It's a phone. If you don't like it return it and get another one. Move on with your life plz.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 12:01 PM   #53
Airbrushkid

I like the case.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Old 07-17-10, 12:06 PM   #54
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I can't believe you guys are still yammering on about this. It's a phone. If you don't like it return it and get another one. Move on with your life plz.
It's a lot of money to spend on something that may not work right.
Old 07-17-10, 12:10 PM   #55
Airbrushkid

They said to September 30. Then after that they would evaluate what's going on then.

Quote:
The only thing I can think of as to why Apple would provide a deadline is if they have an active fix in the works for the attenuation, in which case the phones currently affected should be replaced by them with ones that work correctly. This is an expectation for all products I would think.
Old 07-17-10, 12:15 PM   #56
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk View Post
It's called a return policy. Use it. People who spend a lot of money on something that doesn't work right are doing so by choice. I feel no sympathy towards them.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-10, 09:06 AM   #57
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
So somebody goes out of his way to make a song defending a fault on the iphone and he claims to not be a fanboy?
Old 07-18-10, 09:08 AM   #58
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
It's called a return policy. Use it. People who spend a lot of money on something that doesn't work right are doing so by choice. I feel no sympathy towards them.
So tell me, when people first bought this device before the fault was discovered did the iphone box have a warning on it informing the customers that the device they are going to spend hundreds of dollars on may not work when they hold it in their hand. They had no idea it had such a fault and were not buying faulty equipment by choice. Do you visit the planet earth often?
Old 07-18-10, 12:58 PM   #59
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk View Post
Ya and with everything in life, if you're not satisfied, return it. Simple enough. Stop your bitching and return it.
Old 07-18-10, 01:03 PM   #60
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Ya and with everything in life, if you're not satisfied, return it. Simple enough. Stop your bitching and return it.
OR, they could fix the couple of things that are wrong with the product because the rest of it works pretty well and call it a day.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote