Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-21-10, 03:02 AM   #13
jlippo

Default Re: Crysis 2 has 'best AI in gaming history'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
people make such a big deal about AI. Honestly, WTF else can they do? Shoot at you when they see you, lob nades when you take cover, and take cover when you injure them. Anything else? Games have had AI that does this for years now. It's still a f*cking game. A nice touch in FC2 was AI enemies dragging away their wounded friends, but other than that...yea.
When I play games, the LAST thing I notice is how the enemies act. I have had more of a blast playing Quake 2 where the enemies randomly pop out and charge at you than than some modern games like FC2 which has supposedly "smart AI".
If the AI would be smart they would run away when the death machine like a player character is destroying the camp.

What I would love to see is that enemies would pick up weapons and be more varied in their usage. (hacklike games have had this done perfectly years ago, see a goblin with a wand wonders and it's time to run.)
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:08 AM   #14
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
If the AI would be smart they would run away when the death machine like a player character is destroying the camp.

What I would love to see is that enemies would pick up weapons and be more varied in their usage. (hacklike games have had this done perfectly years ago, see a goblin with a wand wonders and it's time to run.)
In FC2, why would they run away? they are like mercenaries and sh*t aren't they? You aren't fighting a dad and his daughter onna Safari trip....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:28 AM   #15
jlippo

Quote:
In FC2, why would they run away? they are like mercenaries and sh*t aren't they? You aren't fighting a dad and his daughter onna Safari trip....
When you see someone single handedly taking out a camp and basically scortching it down, yes running away should be an option.
But you are right, it shouln't happen often.
Old 07-21-10, 03:53 AM   #16
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
When you see someone single handedly taking out a camp and basically scortching it down, yes running away should be an option.
But you are right, it shouln't happen often.
Obviously you have never been a mercenary in Africa
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:58 AM   #17
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
I think Far Cry had better AI than Crysis.
There is a difference between AI and wallhack/aimbot/sniper assault rifle AI :/
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 06:05 AM   #18
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

All these games claim great AI, but for Crysis anyway, AI which can see you from half way across the map? That's not that great.

The Black Ops team is also claiming to have the best AI, from the vids all the AI seems to do is roll when you point a gun at them, while this moving was inspired by a Spetnaz advisor, it looks really dumb when you just see a rolling heard of Russians coming at you. I'm sure bob could tell us all about that.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 06:34 AM   #19
jlippo

Quote:
Obviously you have never been a mercenary in Africa
Old 07-21-10, 08:20 AM   #20
Raiasokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
All these games claim great AI, but for Crysis anyway, AI which can see you from half way across the map? That's not that great.

The Black Ops team is also claiming to have the best AI, from the vids all the AI seems to do is roll when you point a gun at them, while this moving was inspired by a Spetnaz advisor, it looks really dumb when you just see a rolling heard of Russians coming at you. I'm sure bob could tell us all about that.

Corsair Dominators 8-8-8-24 1600Mhz
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-10, 08:52 AM   #21
Raiasokura

sorry I couldn't help it. Ive no idea what this will be like but as crysis's AI was supposingly somewhat flawed but i didn't really notice it on my first run through.

the aliens in the original had decent AI didn't they? they were often hard to fight and BTW i played on Delta, the lower difficulty's might explain the stupid AI. because it didn't seem that bad for me.

if you were seen it was quite challenging to evade them.
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Old 07-21-10, 10:16 AM   #22
Sean_W

Well, surely it cannot be as bad a the first Crysis. The AI was retarded, even the sandbags and physics killed you better than the AI.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 01:25 PM   #23
Raiasokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well, surely it cannot be as bad a the first Crysis. The AI was retarded, even the sandbags and physics killed you better than the AI.
Yeah well if a tree landed directly on you i think you would be laid out flat, to be fair.

I never experienced the sandbag deaths either, still bitter I see? about it running badly on your rig back in the day.

it amuses me, try playing on delta and you'll see quite a challenging but even then I found it quite easy. The alien parts were pretty hard though not impossible but hard.
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Old 07-21-10, 01:33 PM   #24
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
Yeah well if a tree landed directly on you i think you would be laid out flat, to be fair.

I never experienced the sandbag deaths either, still bitter I see? about it running badly on your rig back in the day.

it amuses me, try playing on delta and you'll see quite a challenging but even then I found it quite easy. The alien parts were pretty hard though not impossible but hard.
Bitter about what exactly? I didn't say anything about it running badly on my rig(It ran just fine actually), so you made that assumption. It's the crappy AI and silly bugs I had a problem with, even on hard it's easy to pick off the AI.

And yes, I got killed more by the silly bugs and physics.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote