Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-21-10, 02:38 PM   #25
Redeemed

Default Re: Crysis 2 has 'best AI in gaming history'

The AI did seem rather dumb- but it was random and not common through out the game.

Stuff where you'd see one baddy showing up on your map, not moving. Go up to him and his face is pressed against a wall or rock, etc. He just stands there, not really moving. One shot, one kill.

I've had some other random stuff happen, like die simply because I got inside of a hummvee and somehow my getting inside it cause it to blow up.

But these things don't happen often, and other wise the AI seems sufficient.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 02:49 PM   #26
Shikami

The only AI that has ever impressed me was from Decent. All other AI has been horrible, predictable, too in human, etc. Somehow Decent had AI just right and have never seen anything to trump it.
Shikami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:37 PM   #27
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
Yeah well if a tree landed directly on you i think you would be laid out flat, to be fair.

I never experienced the sandbag deaths either, still bitter I see? about it running badly on your rig back in the day.

it amuses me, try playing on delta and you'll see quite a challenging but even then I found it quite easy. The alien parts were pretty hard though not impossible but hard.
I beat Crysis on delta the first play through and your right, up until the later ice levels and beyond the game was super easy.
Also another thing, didn't the ai not know how to swim? How is that "smart a.i. ?"
Old 07-21-10, 03:56 PM   #28
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I beat Crysis on delta the first play through and your right, up until the later ice levels and beyond the game was super easy.
Also another thing, didn't the ai not know how to swim? How is that "smart a.i. ?"
The enemies were so smart that they knew they couldn't swim so they stayed out of the water. If it was poor AI then they would have gone into the water and drowned.

See, it's SMART!

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 04:17 PM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Half-Life had some good AI for the marines. They flank you, grenade you, work as a team and make realistic mistakes on occasion.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 04:32 PM   #30
FearMeAll

I was fine with Crysis AI but the only part I HATED was the way the AI in boat on the first level saw you immediately no matter what. I mean if you were exposed for 1 second you got at least 1 shot in the chest and 2 in the head.

When I was first blown away by the game all those years ago, that one part drew me out of the experience. Nobody is that good of a shot on a rocking boat with their back to you.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 04:43 PM   #31
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
The enemies were so smart that they knew they couldn't swim so they stayed out of the water. If it was poor AI then they would have gone into the water and drowned.

See, it's SMART!

Definitely genius.

But seriously, I think they are full of crap. This game is on consoles also, how can the AI POSSIBLY be better than the PC exclusive Crysis?!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 05:20 PM   #32
JasonPC

JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-10, 05:27 PM   #33
Redeemed

Brilliant!

Old 07-21-10, 06:46 PM   #34
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Bitter about what exactly? I didn't say anything about it running badly on my rig(It ran just fine actually), so you made that assumption. It's the crappy AI and silly bugs I had a problem with, even on hard it's easy to pick off the AI.

And yes, I got killed more by the silly bugs and physics.
And God created mods. Use them wisely (Advanced AI)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 07:01 PM   #35
Zenoth

I'm surprised no one mentioned the A.I. in the original F.E.A.R., it was impressive. Aslo, to some extent, the A.I. in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games is quite complex, especially the mutants' A.I. (taking into consideration tons of conditions). I will keep my judgment for Crysis 2's A.I. for when I see it in action, but I won't hold my breath, the last time I expected a good A.I. system was when The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was advertised in part to have some of the best A.I. any game could dream to have (Radiant A.I. fiasco), and we've all seen what it really ended up like in-game, and the same goes with Half-Life 2. There are many disappointments, and on rare occasions some good surprises, but what I've noticed is that when a game has good A.I. it just so happens that the developers never pretended nor focused advertisement about it.
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX285 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair TX750W
APU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 07:08 PM   #36
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoth View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned the A.I. in the original F.E.A.R., it was impressive. Aslo, to some extent, the A.I. in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games is quite complex, especially the mutants' A.I. (taking into consideration tons of conditions). I will keep my judgment for Crysis 2's A.I. for when I see it in action, but I won't hold my breath, the last time I expected a good A.I. system was when The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was advertised in part to have some of the best A.I. any game could dream to have (Radiant A.I. fiasco), and we've all seen what it really ended up like in-game, and the same goes with Half-Life 2. There are many disappointments, and on rare occasions some good surprises, but what I've noticed is that when a game has good A.I. it just so happens that the developers never pretended nor focused advertisement about it.
I thought HL2 was rather impressive for its time.