Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-21-10, 06:52 PM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: Crysis 2 has 'best AI in gaming history'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I thought HL2 was rather impressive for its time.
Really? The AI in HL2 is dumb as rocks. Pick up a barrel and make sure its in your line of sight of the enemy and they will ignore you.

Old 07-21-10, 06:58 PM   #38
Viral
Registered User of Women

LOL I never tried that one, solid snake needs to get some tips from gordon freeman.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 07:00 PM   #39
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Chuck Norris > AI
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:43 PM   #40
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Really? The AI in HL2 is dumb as rocks. Pick up a barrel and make sure its in your line of sight of the enemy and they will ignore you.

that's buggy AI, not stupid AI, imo.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:57 PM   #41
Raiasokura

Quote:

Im sure i did that a few times and they still shot at me. must have been seen first though.
Corsair Dominators 8-8-8-24 1600Mhz
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 09:13 PM   #42
Raiasokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I beat Crysis on delta the first play through and your right, up until the later ice levels and beyond the game was super easy.
Also another thing, didn't the ai not know how to swim? How is that "smart a.i. ?"
As much as everyone hated the alien race in the first crysis they were still a menaceing foe.

It was just the humans who were relatively weak but what do you expect though they are North koreans after all. they arnt exactly the most advanced military in the world and being up against a 'super solider' in a mutil million dollar nano suit kind of makes sense. well to me anyway.
Corsair Dominators 8-8-8-24 1600Mhz
Creative X-fi
Corsair TX750w
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 09:27 AM   #43
Yaboze

I always loved it in Crysis when the guys on the boat would see you and start shooting from a half a mile away while you were hiding behind a rock the size of a SUV.

Then 5 mins later, I'd walk around one of the huts and a guy would be crouching with a gun with his back to me. "Excuse me (taps on shoulder)". BOOM.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:15 AM   #44
YodaStar

Vanilla untouched unscripted AI with no interest points trying to survive. One side Koreans other side US soldiers just dropped into map and then AI system works by itself to survive.

Highlights are how AI are aware of each other, vegetation, objects, layout, tactics use etc. Some of the best AI I've ever seen in a game so far and though it got some bugs and quirks like all other AI systems the positive parts are pretty much top of the line and also being pretty much purely dynamically and procedurally driven.

Also think on page 2 or 3 there are 2 videos with Crysis AI that has been deliverately tweaked to act stupid and water have no waypoints. Cant believe they are still getting posted. It was a joke!
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-10, 10:21 AM   #45
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Time and time again developers have said the same thing about their AI. And they all have one thing in common: they lied.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:39 AM   #46
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Time and time again developers have said the same thing about their AI. And they all have one thing in common: they lied.
Were talking about creating artificial intelligence here man, it's not an easy task. IT's like creating a brain, or making an object think.
Old 07-22-10, 04:01 PM   #47
|MaguS|

YodaStar, Every clip shows the AI doing the same thing. Im not seeing any unique behaviors or them doing anything out of the normal to survive. They stand or crouch in the same area and fight back.

Smart AI would either back off if they recognize the foe had the upper hand or would have its teammates working to flank the other side, which neither happened. Heck... they could have moved foward to press the enemy and they didn't...

Crysis has AI worse then Deus Ex...
Old 07-22-10, 07:28 PM   #48
JohnDio

Quote:
YodaStar, Every clip shows the AI doing the same thing. Im not seeing any unique behaviors or them doing anything out of the normal to survive. They stand or crouch in the same area and fight back.

Smart AI would either back off if they recognize the foe had the upper hand or would have its teammates working to flank the other side, which neither happened. Heck... they could have moved foward to press the enemy and they didn't...

Crysis has AI worse then Deus Ex...
You mean like in these videos? The only downside is that they lag to react but apart from that, they flank, they take cover, the suppress, they retreat. They do everything you said

JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote