Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-23-10, 09:44 AM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: The reason Microsoft decided not to allow PC gamers to take on Xbox gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
There are very few exceptions to this.

I have a friend who is a dyed-in-the-wool Halo fan. He has come over many times to play Halo 2 on my PC, on some servers that I found to be too difficult for me with either the controller OR kb/m. He picked the controller up every time and proceeded to be near or at the top of the leaderboard in every round.

There aren't many who can do this, but they're out there.

I still enjoy the 360 controller for GoW, Lost Planet, Halo 2, Bioshock and even Far Cry 2. It's pretty fun in Metro 2033 as well.

It's definitely no good for the twitchy games though (Bad Company 2 etc.).
That's halo, though. A game designed for consoles. Even the PC version is console-ish. Similarly, so is Gears of War on PC. I beat up on some PC players using a controller in that game. But that's mostly because you don't really need to aim the shotgun, and it's much easier to move in and out of cover with a controller.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 04:57 PM   #26
Logical

Default Re: The reason Microsoft decided not to allow PC gamers to take on Xbox gamers?

I watched a live stream of console players at a LAN playing CoD4 on X360...i had to turn it off after 3 rounds i have never been as bored in my life, was like watching grass grow.

Consoles + FPS games = epic fail

imo of course.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 05:46 PM   #27
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Not to me, I thought that console gamers would have the advantage until now. always new they were retarded really.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 06:18 PM   #28
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Halo2 has some pretty heafty auto aim forced on when using a controller as I recall.
I remember hearing about people using controller with shotgun as it snaps to the target and you hit the full blast per automatic, and there was some complaints or somesuch.
Correct. There are some youtube videos of disgruntled people demonstrating how lame the auto aim is for Halo 2.
Old 07-24-10, 11:25 PM   #29
m3dude

i play games on console and pc. the level of play in pc games it just pathetic. pc gamers suck at games basically.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 11:29 PM   #30
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I watched a live stream of console players at a LAN playing CoD4 on X360...i had to turn it off after 3 rounds i have never been as bored in my life, was like watching grass grow.

Consoles + FPS games = epic fail

imo of course.
coming from a player whos hitrate with hitscan weapons on a mouse is under 5%
Old 07-24-10, 11:31 PM   #31
JasonPC

You must be joking or trolling, right?
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 11:37 PM   #32
m3dude

nope, other than the small handful of players who are the best in the world there is no real middle ground in multiplayer pc games. everyone is just ridiculously useless. what pc games do you play online?

Old 07-24-10, 11:41 PM   #33
JasonPC

LOL u are funneh

Ok now that I've finished laughing I can respond.

Most recent online shooter I play is Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I have been playing PC FPS games online since around the Rainbow Six/Delta Force era.

I'm not a "best player in the world" or even in any clan but I like to think I'm pretty decent player and more coordinated than the average console player.
Old 07-25-10, 12:00 AM   #34
m3dude

id bet u arent
Old 07-25-10, 12:05 AM   #35
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Jason PC:
You'd like to think that, and you are free to do so. The reality may surprise you.

:: I'm just riling you. lolz
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 12:09 AM   #36
JasonPC

Heh like when I go play games with my console friends and end up owning them even though I'm terrible with a controller? Seriously m3dude you are full of sh!t.

I actually don't necessarily agree with this thread. I think some players are very good with controllers and are better than the average PC player. But I do believe the average PC player is more skilled than the average console player for a variety of reasons.

Anyway I should stop feeding the troll. m3dude always comes on here to spew his console tendancies.

Here's the kind of behavior you can find from the superiorly skilled console players http://i29.tinypic.com/2ir6o41.jpg