Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-23-10, 10:38 AM   #85
Yaboze

Default Re: ***Official Starcraft II Beta Feedback***

I can't wait for this game. I got in the beta but didn't play it much for the same reasons as Nekro. There are some skilled players out there and it plays just like SC 1. It's basically the same game with new graphics, not that it's a bad thing. Look at the original and how it plays, the UI at the bottom, etc. It's all the same, except this one runs at 1920, has widescreen support and more colors.

The beta seems to be focused on testing the Battle.net service, network play and client performance and compatibility.

I'm mainly interested in the single player campaign, so I can hone my skills before I go online.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 11:55 AM   #86
Vardant

That's your memory playing tricks on you. I've recently bought SC and SC:BW digital versions, because they work flawlessly on Win 7, just to refresh the whole story.

It's completely different game. I mean sure, some units are the same and the UI is kinda the same, but that's probably it.

It's slower and I mean way slower than SC 2. You seriously won't believe how slow, unless you try it.

The beta was hard, because people that got keys were good at the first one in general, so you either had to suffer through dozens of matches or just watch some videos of pro players, try it against an AI and then come back. It helped me a lot.

Btw. I still suggest you to watch some good replays on Youtube from either Husky or HD, it will make your single and multiplayer much easier.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 04:45 PM   #87
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

hows 3d vision?
Old 07-23-10, 10:08 PM   #88
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
i thought aa wasn't supported?
AA not supported by Blizz.

but using nvidia cp u can enable it.

Doesn't work for ATi.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 12:23 AM   #89
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I'm mainly interested in the single player campaign, so I can hone my skills before I go online.
I doubt that the single player game will be anywhere near the experience of playing online. Online is FAST as hell. If you don't know what you are doing you will get smoked in 3 minutes flat. Think I'm joking? Play a game online and watch how fast you get owned.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 12:35 AM   #90
methimpikehoses

so is this game any better/different than SC1?
Old 07-24-10, 12:52 AM   #91
trivium nate

meth this game is prob going to be better than 1
unlike what nekro thinks the graphics are amazing, their is new units new add ons and upgrades new levels n sounds its sick
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:11 AM   #92
Yaboze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I doubt that the single player game will be anywhere near the experience of playing online. Online is FAST as hell. If you don't know what you are doing you will get smoked in 3 minutes flat. Think I'm joking? Play a game online and watch how fast you get owned.
Well crap, playing single player to reaquaint myself with the basics has got to be better than just starting MP blind, don't ya think?
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-10, 09:23 AM   #93
Vardant

There are units and upgrades in single player, that are not available anywhere else. But you can play against the computer or the custom AI people made.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 08:38 PM   #94
K007

tons of quality mods will be out too, already in beta some amazing mods were done.

single player speed might be just normal.

online ladder is Faster mode, but u get 5 practice games you can play in normal mode, the practice mode also has your based wall in with rocks, so you wont get rushed (unless u get rushed by air), you can skip this option, thats what i did ^_^.

Also the blizzard help system is very impressive, the tech tree guides/etc are very well done.

As Zerg i got some good strats nailed out , so ill be hitting Multiplayer right away, and at the same time testing out the SEA servers
Old 07-24-10, 08:51 PM   #95
K007

Default Official Starcraft II Feedback Thread

The Epic Trailer

It's coming out this week, which option did you go? Collectors? Standard? Digital? What server? SEA? or NA?

I went with the digital download, so i already have the SC2 SEA version ready to roll out. I think collectors edition is a bit too expensive (About $150AUD~ )

Also check out A Beginner's Guide to StarCraft II for more tips on the game mechanics.

If anyone playing SEA servers, give me a buzz...most of my work buddies are pretty terrible at the game ^_^...

It seems people are already queuing up

Quote:
It's almost 4 days until StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty will be released ot the world, but two young fanatics have already started to que out side Webhallen in Stockholm.
Also note that SEA version will have access to NA servers 60 days after release. This means you can switch between servers, but keep in mind stats are still saved on each server, so i guess i get to have another 60 days to practice

Which side will you choose?

Old 07-24-10, 09:00 PM   #96
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Starcraft II Feedback Thread

I'm grabbing my copy at Walmart Monday night at Midnight. Too bad that I have to work Tuesday . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote