Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-28-10, 08:10 PM   #1
News

Post Celebrating the Midnight StarCraft II Launch With Thousands of Friends

Monday at midnight, Blizzard held a number of world-wide launch events for the debut of StarCraft II, the highly anticipated sequel to my favorite game of all time. We were on-site at the official North American launch at Fry's in Fountain Valley, California ' and along with a couple thousand eager StarCraft fans, had an awesome time while we counted down the minutes until midnight when the game went on sale.

The night started at 9PM with performances by White Boy James & The Blues Express, followed by Big Tuna (a band made up of Blizzard employees), and continued with head to head exhibition matches, developer Q&A, contests, never before seen cinematics and a countdown to midnight that got so loud that my ears are still ringing.

We teamed up with EVGA and gave out t-shirts, Snuggies, and a number of EVGA GeForce GTX 460 GPUs ' a card that has been critically acclaimed for it's phenomenal StarCraftII gaming performance.

We had some of Toshiba's latest notebooks on display at our booth, aswell as a3D photo area where we took pictures of fans using the Fuji FinePix REAL 3D camera.We displayed the images forvisitors to view usingNVIDIA 3D Vision glasses. You can check out the 2D Versions of the photos on our GeForce Facebook page now.

For me, the best part of the event was getting my personal copy of Starcraft 2 signed by Blizzard's development team. Now that the game is launched, I think it's time for me to start practicing. I hear a few peopleat NVIDIA think they can beat my Viking rush 'I might have to work on developing a few new strategies. See you on Battle.net!

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote