Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-19-09, 03:18 PM   #1
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck
Default Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena

I purchased this recently off of D2D and just install it now. It complained about drivers not be compatible during the install so I just clicked ok and it seemed to go through fine from then on. I try to start it now and it says TAGES Driver (error 1275) and then complains that I don't have administrator privileges. I ran the program as an admin and with compatibility mode with no luck. I am using Windows 7 and the game is supposed to run on Vista so I figured it would work with 7. Anyone else have this problem or any other problems with this game?
Old 09-19-09, 04:54 PM   #2
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
I purchased this recently off of D2D and just install it now. It complained about drivers not be compatible during the install so I just clicked ok and it seemed to go through fine from then on. I try to start it now and it says TAGES Driver (error 1275) and then complains that I don't have administrator privileges. I ran the program as an admin and with compatibility mode with no luck. I am using Windows 7 and the game is supposed to run on Vista so I figured it would work with 7. Anyone else have this problem or any other problems with this game?
I believe you have to goto the Tages website and download the latest driver, then the game will work.

http://www.tagesprotection.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 08:18 PM   #3
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck

That seemed to work, thank you.
Old 09-21-09, 11:51 AM   #4
Ywap

Wow, nice price for such a great game!

http://www.direct2drive.com/2/7869/p...thena-Download
Old 09-21-09, 12:52 PM   #5
ST:DS9

And the best part of Dark Athena is that it comes with Escape from Buther Bay in the the new game engine.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 06:22 PM   #6
colt1911

Maybe late, but could help someone. After 3 hours I figured it out.

Install notes for Windows 7 x64

Problem: The included tages installer (TagesSetup_x64.exe) wont install properly on Windows 7 x64 (error 1275)

Reason: The installer doesnt have correct security privliges

Many things were done. Listing all, but percieved solutions given first.

Solutions:

1. \(install directory)\system\Win32_x86\TagesClient.exe right click 'run as administrator' (also added 'full control' under rights assignment to every group availible)

2. \(install directory)\system\Win32_x86\DarkAthena.exe right click 'run as administrator' (also added 'full control' under rights assignment to every group availible)

3. open explorer to c:\users\%username%\local settings\temp. From another explorer (or run dialog) execute TagesSetup_x64.exe that is included on the DVD. in the local settings\temp folder 'tages.exe' will be created. A dialog box will popup asking you if you want to install. in the explorer window right click on the 'tages.exe' and select 'run as administrator' unlike xp, windows 7 will remember this setting. (also added 'full control' under rights assignment to every group availible)

That is believed to be what actually allowed the drivers to be installed.

Here are a couple of other changes that were also made:

In local security policy: local policies\user rights assignment\

1. 'Act as part of the operating system': added my account name

2. 'Take ownership of files or other objects': added my account name and 'administrators'

In local security policy: local policies\security options\

1. User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Elevate without prompting

2. User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval mode: enabled

This is probably more than enough, but most notibly is that the included drivers WILL WORK on WIN7, and its a SECURITY PERMISSION ISSUE, nothing else.
colt1911 is offline   Reply With Quote