Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-10, 03:08 AM   #13
melih ülperi

Default Re: GeForce FX 5200 maximum resolution

I guess that we all have the same problem.. I have researched for this on the net since yesterday and when I bumped into this forum I thought i could find the right answer but I was wrong.. I am considering about calling for professional help this time.

Ucuz Hosting ve E-Ticaret

Ucuz Hosting ve E-Ticaret
melih ülperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 03:54 AM   #14
Melanie Crafton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscape Imag View Post
Huh? i did not quite get what you said? You PMed him or her but did not get any replies or some one replied to you? I wasn't quite sure that i understood you.. I'm sorry.. I was just curious.
This is quite off topic already.. Anyway, what I think what he is trying to say was that he sent a personal message, and got a response which is not vague. However, he is quite sure that the response is not a bot response..

-------
Health Freedom
Melanie Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 08:37 AM   #15
Isidra McNally

Quote:
I remember trying what the other post said about
"ModeValidation" and "NoEdidModes" options but they didn't
seem to work for me.
What seemed to be the problem.. Perhaps we could figure out a workaround for this..

------
fashion handbags
Isidra McNally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 05:29 AM   #16
legends
Legends Dev

Thumbs down Re: GeForce FX 5200 maximum resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNvidious View Post
Why is it the case that the X.Org driver nv supports this resolution/depth combination, whereas Nvidia's so far does not? Is there a way around this?
I too have this problem for many years. I assumed Nvidia would fix it, but I think they haven't realised the problem yet.

The NV34 FX 5200 does support up to 1920x1080 over DVI-D and VGA because I use those resolutions on this card (winfast A340) all day in Windows and in Linux Xorg nv driver, but NOT in Linux on Nvidia drivers.

Someone needs to tell someone who can do something, then hundreds of us can all stop being annoyed.