Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-10, 10:31 AM   #397
K007

Default Re: Official Starcraft II Feedback Thread

The mods for this game are top class. Some really good ones out there.

I havent had a chance to ladder much either, atm trying to get the gold in the challenge modes...after which i will try to finish campaign on brutal.

Also the NA access to SEA users will open up soon, good news is we wont need two clients, similar to b.net 1.0 we just have to pick the server we want to connect.

The ESL was showing some amazing games today

And as usual....the Terran with 1A was winning...even the commentators was going "The 1a syndrome"....

Was epic game, the Idra game was insane. he had to pull insane micro/macro and multiple unit combination micro to beat a terran who just went 1+a and almost won ....

You can see why most of the top Zerg pro gamers have/wanting to switch to Terran.....such an easy macro/micro race..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 11:01 AM   #398
newparad1gm

There's an Eyefinity/Surround/triple head hack that on the widescreengamingforums that allows you to play SC2 in FOV corrected triple wide resolutions. I'm playing through the campaign again to enjoy it in Surround, although the cutscenes are way zoomed in, so I just skip through those.

Apparently it works on bnet too, but I'm not going to risk a perma-ban for it. Blizzard and their game-balancing reasons for disallowing triple wide resolutions can suck it.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 09:54 PM   #399
K007

Don't u need to be on b.net to play single player?
Old 08-20-10, 10:06 PM   #400
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yep. Though I don't think they would enforce anti cheating/editing for SP. Blizzard know PC gamers like to fiddle, just alsong as it doesn't spoilt anyone elses fun.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 10:07 PM   #401
RollinThundr

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Don't u need to be on b.net to play single player?
If you want achievements to count, yes. Craptastic system Blizzard has now imo.
RollinThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 11:18 PM   #402
K007

Actually knowing blizzard, if u use anything to modify the game in ANYWAY regardless of SP or MP, they will BAN your account.

They already provide cheatcodes that you can type, like moredotsmoredots and silly things like that, so no one should be using any maphack/trainer/etc even if its singleplayer.

I think BNET2.0 is pretty solid.

In time they will get those Chat lobbys' etc up and running, i think activision was defiantly pushing blizz to get a new game out.

The only disappointing thing about b.net 2.0 is when it comes to lan tournaments/etc...the lag will cripple everything.

Like the ESL Idra vs Saren and MadFrog, both there games froze for lag and players had to wait upto 10 mins before they can resume the game...and MadFrogs second game had to be restarted....
Old 08-21-10, 01:17 AM   #403
Zelda_fan

Glad to see that Idra and Dimaga are kicking ass.

Terran is SUCH bull**** right now. All he has to do is go Mech or MMM and if he is halfway competent it is GG. And I play at the platinum level so I'd say I'm a fairly competent zerg. Can't wait until Blizzard beats them with the nerfbat.

And I did try a maphack on an unranked custom game just to see what it did. Pretty much shows exactly what the other player is doing. And even worse it doesn't modify the game code in any way (it simply edits some of the values in memory while the game is running) so it would be very hard for blizzard to detect. But believe it or not I actually feel like I played worse with the hack. It isn't that hard to scout (sacrifice 1 zergling or overlord is really all you have to do as zerg to see what his army composition is), and a map hack isn't going to impove a player's micro or macro skills (which is what wins games if you are zerg).
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 01:42 AM   #404
Zelda_fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hukcr9sf7Ec

This is the Dimaga game. Absolutely sick what he did to shut down that MMM ball. Best execution of a baneling attack I've ever seen. Gives zerg players like me inspiration.

Old 08-21-10, 07:57 PM   #405
K007

Dimaga got wiped out by Morrow to 5 Rax Reaper All in...

Funny thing about it...

Game 4, Dimaga actually held if off and was going on the offensive, but couldn't finish the game due to how well the wall in /tanks were, but he kept a good lead the entire game, untill the final fight where he messed up one attack..and then Terran came in with 1A syndrome and won the game. Even tho Terran made soo many mistakes that game...he was still able to recover...where as Zerg one mistake and ure wiped.

Game 5 was just stupid, more mass reapers, dimaga was so annoyed, and it was so frustrating to watch that game. Terran player messed up so many times that game, missed his supply deops so he was food capped early game with less reapers/bad wall in/etc and still....won

And the best part is after the game was over Morrow said "I open with reapers. I think they are overpowered"..."Dimaga is better player"...

Idra steamrolled that Tarson (T) player tho. He used mass mass MASS muta against him, even tho thor do splash dmg, there is a new 'magic box' trick that zerg can use when massing muta to avoid getting hit by splash dmg, and he used it SO WELL. It made the Terran player Tarson cry, and he was very sad at the end when he got wiped..then he started to whine....which is funny cause he was saying at the start of the game how idra is a cry baby....

Zerg just takes way more skill to play as a race compared to Terran. I was hoping to see Dimaga vs Idra for finals...I hope Idra can roflstomp that Morrow guy.
Old 08-22-10, 09:32 AM   #406
K007

ESL Finished.

Finals showed why Terran are clearly the most imba race in the game.

Also this reaction from Dimaga was priceless too
Old 08-22-10, 12:01 PM   #407
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Idra steamrolled that Tarson (T) player tho. He used mass mass MASS muta against him, even tho thor do splash dmg, there is a new 'magic box' trick that zerg can use when massing muta to avoid getting hit by splash dmg, and he used it SO WELL. It made the Terran player Tarson cry, and he was very sad at the end when he got wiped..then he started to whine....which is funny cause he was saying at the start of the game how idra is a cry baby....
This magic box thing is actually incredible. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I had no idea that Thors splash radius was that poor, and whenever I saw mass Thors it was pretty much gg.
Old 08-22-10, 12:32 PM   #408
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I've been stuck at bronze rank 2 for two days now and keep getting put up against rank 30 people. When will it let me go to silver?

I'm also gonna start using P or Z just to mix it up a little bit.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote