Old 08-24-10, 08:50 AM   #1
Speeddymon

Default Fedora hard lock w/ 2 cards

Driver: 256.44
Fedora 13 x86_64
1x GeForce 8400 GS PCI-E
1x GeForce 8400 GS PCI

What works:

Either card enabled, but not both. Any mode (single, twinview, or separate x screens) on the one card. Supports up to 2 monitors.

What doesn't:

Having both cards enabled with separate x screens, for dual or triple monitors.

Basically, I can get twinview and separate x screens working on either card by itself, even if the other card is plugged in. If I try to do 2 screens, where one is on one card, and one is on the other, or if i try to do twinview for 2 on one card + separate x screens for one on the other card, or even if i try to do separate x screens for all 3 monitors, then what happens is when the X server restarts, it shows a full screen nvidia logo on 1/2 or 2/3 monitors and never enables the monitor on the second card, and then the machine hard locks while the logo is on the screen.

I know that getting 3 monitors to work is problematic at best and nightmarish at worst, so I'd like assistance trying to get just 2 monitors working simultaneously with the 2 separate cards.

I run yum update daily and am not using testing-updates.

This is a work machine that I have root access to, and the whole reason for the second card is for the third monitor, but I can figure out the three monitor issue once I get it to stop hard locking.

Any assistance with 2 screens on 2 cards would be appreciated.
Speeddymon is offline   Reply With Quote