Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-22-10, 04:23 PM   #37
General Lee

Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

Someone mentioned beer? Hell, I'll drink all y'all under the table, one after another.

Seriously, while they have every right to make a game like this, it's not the first time we've been given a chance to play as our own enemies. I don't approve of it, but I'm not going to raise a lot of hell over it.

BTW, in any game where you can play as the Americans or the asshole enemy, I always fight for my country, no matter what. I'd rather lose as an ass-kicking American than help the enemy in any way. That goes for games and life alike. I'd rather eat dirt. I'd rather eat a grilled turd.

Old 08-23-10, 04:01 AM   #38
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

What if the South broke off and did actually form it's own country? The United Clans of GLee?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 05:10 AM   #39
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Lol what about BF2, u play as arabian and cut amarican throat =X
Old 08-23-10, 05:47 AM   #40
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
The game sucks... who cares?
+1.

And like others have said, why is this any different from other war games?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 07:50 AM   #41
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Lol what about BF2, u play as arabian and cut amarican throat =X
I though BF2 was China.

Please read thread for answer Hunt.
Old 08-23-10, 09:17 AM   #42
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Jaded came to mind - and I believe those other games you mention are out there already.

Like crainger said, it's a tough subject. Personally I will pass on this, too much respect for our soldiers and our allies to even play a simulation. That's just me though.
My nephew was over in Afghanistan, and he just came home from his third TOD.

Me and him play BFBC2 all the time. He loves these games, and it's a way for us to keep in touch (he's now stationed in Columbus, Ohio).

I respect what he and others like him are doing over there. I thank God, that we have men and women on the front lines that is fighting for our freedom.

With that said, I see this whole thing as a way for lawyers to make more money. They are getting people all worked up to sue, and using the media to get people to cry "foul" when nothing is being done wrong.

I feel bad for those who were lost in combat, but going after a gaming company because they are making games about war (imo) is a little ridiculous.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 10:42 AM   #43
Yaboze

It is just a game and it's the same as someone making a movie about it, I guess. Someone has to play the bad guy. I think it should be up to the individual family to decide, just like always.

With that, I'm not getting any more WAR FPS's games for now. I bought CoD MW, World at War, Cod MW2 and BFBC2 and I'm all Army'd out. I'm totally skipping the new MoH and Black Ops. Pfft.

I will get Rage in September, but I'm just so tired of the WWII and Modern War/Terrorist/Middle East games. I guess this is why I liked Borderlands and Read Dead so much. Rage is gonna rock and I <3 id Software.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 04:12 PM   #44
sumpwa

Never forget that our soldiers died protecting the right to develop, publish, and play this game.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-10, 08:06 PM   #45
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I am not going to bash ea for taking such a bold step..I am just going to bash it for thinking such a video game would actually be entertaining. Unless it is completely fictional the taliban's attacks are going to consist of blowing yourself up, blowing up your car with you in it, digging holes to plant explosives in the middle of the road, and using human shields as defensive barracks.

Lets just say theres going to be a whole lot of negative scores in multiplayer.
Old 08-24-10, 09:24 PM   #46
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
What if the South broke off and did actually form it's own country? The United Clans of GLee?
That would be interesting...it would depend on why they broke away from the rest of the states.

Old 08-25-10, 02:03 AM   #47
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpwa View Post
Never forget that our soldiers died protecting the right to develop, publish, and play this game.
See, that is exactly why it's a touchy subject. As I said I have friends currently serving in Afghanistan, East Timor etc and they love these games, at the same time, we should respect their loved ones when they don't make it home.

It will all boil down to how EA has handled it. I hope they have given it the proper respect and not made it a trophy collectfest like Airborne was.