Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-10, 02:23 PM   #1
Bearclaw

Default iOS 4.1 Released

Installing mine now. Just realized it was released. Anyone else install this yet?
Old 09-08-10, 03:07 PM   #2
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: iOS 4.1 Released

Fixes, improvements?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 03:22 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

probably disables current jailbreaks.
Old 09-08-10, 03:38 PM   #4
Bearclaw

Adds HDR photos, Apple Game Center, and many bug fixes, improvements. Also makes it harder for jailbreaking.

Here's just one article:

www.appletell.com/apple/comment/new-feature-on-the-ios-4.1-update/
Old 09-08-10, 04:42 PM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I REALLY wish Apple would let me delete some of their ****ty apps. I don't NEED some of the crap they forcibly install. I don't even use 90% of the pre-installed ****

Noticed there is a small jitter issue when in settings, but only if you are right handed

I'll try using it with my left hand.

Outside of that, haven't tried to see if they fixed the proximity sensor issue completely.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 04:46 PM   #6
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I REALLY wish Apple would let me delete some of their ****ty apps. I don't NEED some of the crap they forcibly install. I don't even use 90% of the pre-installed ****
Noticed there is a small jitter issue when in settings, but only if you are right handed

Outside of that, haven't tried to see if they fixed the proximity sensor issue completely.
Android, just saying
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 04:47 PM   #7
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I've been trying to exchange my iPhone 4 for a Dell Streak for a while. They won't let me
Old 09-08-10, 04:55 PM   #8
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

QFmfT. When I hacked my pre-iOS4 version, I could and I did. Now I don't hack.

Old 09-08-10, 06:43 PM   #9
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

GEEZUS ****ING CHRIST.

Apple STILL hasn't fixed the proximity sensor issue.

All iphone 4's had the antennae issue and I can understand people saying don't sweat it and don't hold it that way. Fine, I have a case now (had to buy because the free ones sucked).

But, the proximity sensor not working is so ridiculous. This was something Steve Jobs called out on that antennae-gate conference call. Sorry Steve, you put your neck on the line and you blew it.

Fix the phone or give the people suffering a refund. I don't want a blinking headset held up to my head flashing morse code or something.

For such a high profile product, how do we have such glaring issues still continue to plague it?

Oh and since Froyo came out, iOS4 has been second best and, depending on how WinMo 7 does, it might be THIRD best by the end of the year.

Fix your broken **** Apple. It's the least you can do for stringing users along...
Old 09-08-10, 06:58 PM   #10
Bearclaw

Proximity issue meaning when you hold it up to your head to talk and it goes black?

And the issue with Apple is they are too controlled. They WILL lose most of their market share, IMO, because they are not open source. Android will BLAZE a trail by them. It already is.
Old 09-08-10, 07:08 PM   #11
Albo

Talking about Apple.. Have you guys tried iTunes 10, and PING? Anyone on there yet?
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 07:12 PM   #12
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Proximity issue meaning when you hold it up to your head to talk and it goes black?

And the issue with Apple is they are too controlled. They WILL lose most of their market share, IMO, because they are not open source. Android will BLAZE a trail by them. It already is.
If you are holding your phone up (any iPhone before 4), the sensor would darken the screen and it would save battery and prevent accidental hitting of buttons. I think all touch-screen phones do this.

The iPhone 4 has a new sensor in a new position and it flickers. It won't turn off and this causes accidental dialing, accidentally hanging up, accidentally turning on the speaker phone and other ridiculous things. The flickering when the conditions are a little darker are especially annoying because the light becomes bothersome, especially when it is flickering.

If this update has not been able to fix the issue, it is clearly a hardware issue, like the antennae and like I said earlier, AT&T and Apple need to allow disgruntled users to return these defective products. We have been promised all kinds of fixes and the product is still broken.