Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-10, 07:41 PM   #13
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
If you are holding your phone up (any iPhone before 4), the sensor would darken the screen and it would save battery and prevent accidental hitting of buttons. I think all touch-screen phones do this.

The iPhone 4 has a new sensor in a new position and it flickers. It won't turn off and this causes accidental dialing, accidentally hanging up, accidentally turning on the speaker phone and other ridiculous things. The flickering when the conditions are a little darker are especially annoying because the light becomes bothersome, especially when it is flickering.

If this update has not been able to fix the issue, it is clearly a hardware issue, like the antennae and like I said earlier, AT&T and Apple need to allow disgruntled users to return these defective products. We have been promised all kinds of fixes and the product is still broken.
Ah, got it now. Ya, I wasn't eligible for an upgrade when it came out. Still holding out for next version or revised current edition.
Old 09-08-10, 09:25 PM   #14
Airbrushkid

Default Re: iOS 4.1 Released

I didn't have the proximity sensor problem before the ios 4.1 update and I still don't have the problem after the update.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 08:42 AM   #15
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Talking about Apple.. Have you guys tried iTunes 10, and PING? Anyone on there yet?
Albo - that came out LAST week. We are ALLon Ping/iTunes 10 now.
Old 09-09-10, 07:12 PM   #16
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Fix the phone or give the people suffering a refund. I don't want a blinking headset held up to my head flashing morse code or something.
They are offering refunds for the phones.
Old 09-09-10, 07:49 PM   #17
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
They are offering refunds for the phones.
Cool, I'll have to call them up again and see if I can get an exchange for a different product.

My understanding was they were only offering full refunds for items purchased within 30 days.

I pre-ordered before knowing about the plethora of issues.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote