Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-11-10, 05:38 PM   #13
ViN86

Default Re: Call of Duty Black Ops -Black Ops - Dedicated Servers Come With a Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
If there is still a matchmaking system like iwnet which I have heard there is then you may be able to host a private game and only those you invite through steam can join. So lan play may not be out.

Also Vin on a lan if you didn't have a really fast connection enough players could choke the connection to an outside server and make it unplayable. I don't mind game servers and all our clan servers are there. I just hope this doesn't change their policies and they don't oversell their servers.
I guess so, but how many people do they typically get at LAN's? I would think a 10/1 connection would handle it. Maybe not.

Either way, you can thank all the pirates and cheating douchebags for only purchased dedicated servers nowadays. They're the ones that drove the market in this direction.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 06:09 PM   #14
bacon12

Default Re: Call of Duty Black Ops -Black Ops - Dedicated Servers Come With a Catch

Na I think this is about controlling DLC more so than cracked servers. They were mostly in Eastern Europe in cod4, and I doubt a lost sale. There are plenty of other ways to prevent the cracked servers as well.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 09:21 PM   #15
K007

Yea i am more with the DLC control than the bs piracy excuse.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 12:32 PM   #16
ViN86

Quote:
Na I think this is about controlling DLC more so than cracked servers. They were mostly in Eastern Europe in cod4, and I doubt a lost sale. There are plenty of other ways to prevent the cracked servers as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yea i am more with the DLC control than the bs piracy excuse.
And what would it be called if you illegally downloaded DLC and ran it on your server?

Piracy.
Old 09-12-10, 01:52 PM   #17
bacon12

True, but I call charging us $15 for 4 maps something much worse. Why can't they just be like valve and support the community mappers. Given enough time there would be plenty of great maps to include in updates for free. Just touch them up, make balance adjustments and send them out.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 02:09 PM   #18
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

CoD:MW2 Map Packs were ridiculous and I will never buy them. The original maps are good enough for me. I'll probably be getting Black Ops when it comes out too.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 04:58 PM   #19
ViN86

Quote:
True, but I call charging us $15 for 4 maps something much worse. Why can't they just be like valve and support the community mappers. Given enough time there would be plenty of great maps to include in updates for free. Just touch them up, make balance adjustments and send them out.
I do miss map making tools. If they do include mod tools for Black Ops (as they say they will) then it should have a map making utility.
Old 09-14-10, 12:07 PM   #20
HYBRID

COD can well........
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-10, 12:26 PM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Please quote the article in the OP. It's so ****ing annoying having to follow the links all the time. Quote that so we don't have to wade through pounds of **** to get wtf we want to know. </rant>
agreed
Old 09-14-10, 01:18 PM   #22
Bearclaw

Am slightly excited for this... but BF pwns all other games like it.