Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-10, 05:59 AM   #25
darkman1983

Default Re: Geforce GTX SLI under Linux

Should we make an Petition Topic to get NVIDIA responding and fixing those SLI issues?
darkman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 12:44 PM   #26
Ulukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman1983 View Post
Should we make an Petition Topic to get NVIDIA responding and fixing those SLI issues?
Not a bad idea, anything is better than doing nothing at all. I already sent an mail to an SLI developer in person, but even after a kind reminder I didn't get an answer.

The driver not working like expected is one thing, but not acknowledging it and just ignoring the problem is much worse.

I simply don't understand why they don't post a few lines to say that they are aware of it and hopfully working on the issue. Look at the Windows benchmarks, Fermi cards CAN scale really well! And then what about SLI GUI plans or profile plans?

Please Nvidia, let your light shine upon us...
Ulukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 04:58 AM   #27
netarchy

The SLI support in linux is very disappointing to say the least. In windows SLI scales amazingly well on my dual 460's, *and* I can use 2 monitors, while in linux I can't use dual monitors with SLI (twinview requires you to disable sli to use both monitors), and when I do use SLI the scaling is often nonexistant or WORSE than running a single card.
nVidia GeForce GTX 580
Dual boot Windows 7 and Gentoo x86_64 on Kernel 2.6.37-RC1
netarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 06:10 AM   #28
Ulukai

Thumbs down Re: Geforce GTX SLI under Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy View Post
The SLI support in linux is very disappointing to say the least. In windows SLI scales amazingly well on my dual 460's, *and* I can use 2 monitors, while in linux I can't use dual monitors with SLI (twinview requires you to disable sli to use both monitors), and when I do use SLI the scaling is often nonexistant or WORSE than running a single card.
Indeed. They need a giant leap forward regarind SLI to bring it up to speed! Such a shame with such powerful hardware...
Ulukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 02:16 PM   #29
tadawson

With 3 GPUs, it's almost worse . . . In Windows, I run the primary screen in SLI, and the secondary off of GPU 3 . . . In Linux, the driver is incapable of allowing the third card to run independently of the SLI pair, so I either get one faster screen alone, or two without any SLI benefits . . . which sucks!

- Tim
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote