Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-10, 08:30 PM   #37
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Steam Wallet goes live

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
wats so special about the new sniper rifle?
It's just amusing

You can't get headshot while using it and it causes mini-crits on the person you shoot so it's a great support weapon

If you buy the whole kit, it has jiggle-bones and makes you look like a crocodile, very nicely detailed items.

I think if the prices drop on some of the packages, I might buy a couple. A lot of people were using the soldier package and it seems useful on defense AND offense.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 08:45 PM   #38
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I'm sorry my buying something with my money has offended your sensibilities so much
IDK, I just feel that paying for stuff like that in game is dumb. It's like using your credit card in Farmville, seriously?

Anyways, that's just my opinion. nvm.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 08:54 PM   #39
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AK]Zip View Post
Good thing I gave up on this game some time ago.
Good thing i never got into it...now i just wish i hadn't bought it. :/

$17 for a hat.....bwuahahaha you could get a real hat for that lmao
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 09:06 PM   #40
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
It's just amusing

You can't get headshot while using it and it causes mini-crits on the person you shoot so it's a great support weapon

If you buy the whole kit, it has jiggle-bones and makes you look like a crocodile, very nicely detailed items.

I think if the prices drop on some of the packages, I might buy a couple. A lot of people were using the soldier package and it seems useful on defense AND offense.
really? i'd rather full power headshot heavies and support my team that way.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 09:35 PM   #41
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
really? i'd rather full power headshot heavies and support my team that way.
There is no law against going back and using a huntsman or regular sniper rifle my friend

I just liked the change of pace. You can still kill people pretty easily with a fully charged shot, but it is hilarious to watch people run away when jarated.

I just wish I could charge up a shot and put people's fires out with the new rifle I still can only do that with the Jarate.
Old 10-01-10, 09:40 PM   #42
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
IDK, I just feel that paying for stuff like that in game is dumb. It's like using your credit card in Farmville, seriously?

Anyways, that's just my opinion. nvm.
No its different because I believe Farmville has exclusive items to the microtransactions and makes it difficult to keep playing without spending money.
Old 10-01-10, 10:26 PM   #43
Viral
Registered User of Women

I don't have too much of a problem with this unless it detracts from the actual game too much. I haven't played TF2 in a few days but if people are indeed just sitting in the spawning points trading then Valve have screwed up...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 10:51 PM   #44
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I don't have too much of a problem with this unless it detracts from the actual game too much. I haven't played TF2 in a few days but if people are indeed just sitting in the spawning points trading then Valve have screwed up...
The only current issue is if the store is closed, it randomly pops up a message IN GAME that you have to click on to remove. Needless to say when you are about to go on a rampage with an uber, it's a PITA coz you lose about 4-5 seconds of the uber.

Old 10-02-10, 07:54 AM   #45
Viral
Registered User of Women

Played some tonight and had no problems. Just noticed a lot of soldiers using that new black box weapon that gives some health on hits.

Also.. what makes the blue drop appear next to your health and what does it do?

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 11:17 AM   #46
Albo

So, um. Anyone want to trade with me?

I want to get rid of my Demoman's fro, which I got for 2 weapons.. (Looking for another hat)

And I want to get rid of one of my hound Dogs. (I'm looking for 2 hats, but atleast 1 good one)

Any offers? Here's my backpack.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/OG14
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 11:43 AM   #47
General Lee

Yesterday, I got some drops while idling (I was at work). I got a duplicate Prussian Pickle-thingy (got a vintage one already).

Then later in the day, I got ANOTHER hat (another dupe of one of my vintage hats). Traded them for two hats, one vintage Medic mirror hat, and a new Pyro sombrero hat.

Crafted the Holy Mackeral, and the Black Box. Also got the Battalion thing for soldier, other stuff.
Old 10-03-10, 12:05 PM   #48
bacon12

Quote:
It's just amusing

I bought two kits last night, and with how many hours I have played TF2 and all the free content they have given us I didn't mind at all.

The haters seriously need to STFU, and go play MW2 with all the map packs.. For $90
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote