Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-10, 11:31 AM   #13
DansFace

Default Re: DICE is listening- What do you want changed in MOH?

how about they make an original game?
too late?

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 11:36 AM   #14
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
What did they say?

Public server support is dead. You will probably never see it again. You can thank corporate greed.
Map and mod tools should be included in BO. But it will be difficult to test it out on your server, since you will have to upload files constantly.
I think private servers are dead, but it isn't because of hackers. Get rid of dedicated servers and mod tools, then you can force people to pay more for the game. A well admined server will have a better experience than one without. There will always be a way to cheat, but if you have people on the server 24/7 who can ban them, it makes far harder to do so than any anticheat can provide.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 11:42 AM   #15
Logical

Like BFBC2 there will be no mod tools for MoH. This was stated months ago...the frostbyte engine is not suitable to create a mod tool kit for end users...end of.

As Vin said public dedicated server support is dead...For the average FPS gamer this is a good thing, for all the modders and competitive LAN players it isnt quite so good.

What i would like to see changed is....

1. Recoil...the weapon spray on guns like the AK47 from recoil is non exsistent. If you keep your trigger down on a AK it shouldn't fire a laser line of bullets as it does in MoH.

2. Radar map is awfull, friendly players showing up as white and blending with the radar map objects is not a good idea, they need to rethink the colours for it.

3. Linear, on the snow map on attack there is 2 routes that 'have' to be used to get to the first objective...with a slightly skilled team defending this can be made almost impossible and an attacking team using nothing but snipers aint gonna get anywhere.

4. Bullet collision, although the reg is pretty good the collision is not. Far too many times i have thought to be covered by a rock or similar only to be shot straight through it.

5. Movement, is way too restricted, a lean and a prone is a must for a game like this and the ability to straffe whilst running would be nice.

6. Options ingame for bloom, FOV etc instead of having to edit the .ini file.

7. decrease damage, guns are too powerfull for a non hardcore game.

8. Not sure if eevryone gets this but i notice massive lag when i press shift, W and Tab together (run, forward and scoreboard) from a spawn.

9. Ok so we have accepted that no mods will be released, however a game mode for private matches would be nice...

10. Indoor maps, need to see some of these in MoH, something along the lines of Vacant from CoD4 or V2 rocket facility from the original mohaa.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 03:01 PM   #16
MaydaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Public server support is dead. You will probably never see it again. You can thank all the hackers/glitchers and pirates.
The reason they are not public is to control the DLCs. If you had the files you could have enabled all the "map packs" long before they were released, enabled all unlocks for everyone, unlimited ammo and more.

BC2 was hacked within days of the beta and no server files was released. They got leaked in May/June and even with the leaks each server patch still includes the pdb files that contains all the debug info for the server exe. Last exe to be leaked was R21 if I recall. I always said better to release an exe publicly on your terms then to have a private, more exposed one leaked.

Honestly I expect MoH retail server files to be leaked as well considering the breached gsp is still a trusted provider http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6622/myislegal.png.
MaydaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 12:23 PM   #17
sumpwa

Change OpFor to Taliban
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 08:51 AM   #18
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpwa View Post
Change OpFor to Taliban
Community patch
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 12:34 PM   #19
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydaX View Post
The reason they are not public is to control the DLCs. If you had the files you could have enabled all the "map packs" long before they were released, enabled all unlocks for everyone, unlimited ammo and more.

BC2 was hacked within days of the beta and no server files was released. They got leaked in May/June and even with the leaks each server patch still includes the pdb files that contains all the debug info for the server exe. Last exe to be leaked was R21 if I recall. I always said better to release an exe publicly on your terms then to have a private, more exposed one leaked.

Honestly I expect MoH retail server files to be leaked as well considering the breached gsp is still a trusted provider http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6622/myislegal.png.
Ahh right, I forgot about DLC. Add another one to the list.

But that's just a form of piracy.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote