Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-10, 12:14 PM   #1
CaptnStubing

Default Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Reserving this thread nao fo later... or something like that.

Any way, I am very excited for this game. I hope it doesn't have the same problem I and many others had with Guild Wars. There just didn't seem to be a point to the game. It has nice graphics, good game play but for me and the guys I game with, we had no incentive to keep playing. Maybe we didn't give it a chance. Keep in mind I liked the game. It just didn't hold my interest longer than 4 months or so.

That being said, BRING ON GW2!
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 12:31 PM   #2
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Reserving this thread nao fo later... or something like that.

Any way, I am very excited for this game. I hope it doesn't have the same problem I and many others had with Guild Wars. There just didn't seem to be a point to the game. It has nice graphics, good game play but for me and the guys I game with, we had no incentive to keep playing. Maybe we didn't give it a chance. Keep in mind I liked the game. It just didn't hold my interest longer than 4 months or so.

That being said, BRING ON GW2!
i found tons of reasons to keep playing. i always likes the teamwork and cooperation it required to complete a difficult quest. no grinding or anything like that. just quick ass kicking
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 10:05 AM   #3
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Check the new Hall of Monuments! that will give you a reason to go play again and get as many titles as possible. More titles mean better items in GW2

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-10, 10:49 AM   #4
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Is GW2 gonna be a "real" MMORPG like WoW & AoC ect or the same style as the origional where once you leave the big city hubs your pretty much on your own?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 02:09 AM   #5
CaptnStubing

They said it would be a "persistent" world, so yeah it will be like WoW. They will also have dynamic public events. They will be kind of like Warhammer's public quests.
Old 11-04-10, 12:19 PM   #6
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

The dynamic public events are what initially piqued my curiosity. As long as theres a large variety of them, and they expand them over time, I may pick it up.

Also, I got bored with GW1 after about 6-9 months and 2 expansions later lol.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 01:14 AM   #7
emailthatguy

Expect something VERY different in this game.

The reason?

Game Director Eric Flannum

The last time someone gave Eric full reigns on a title it was considered by a lot of people at the time, to be the most fun, balanced, and creative game of its time. All the while being touted as the most visually stunning game of its time.

When it comes to multiplayer games (eric also did the lions share of the grunt work of the level design in the original Starcraft), this dude knows WTF hes doing.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 01:21 AM   #8
CaptnStubing

I LOVED Sacrifice.

Old 11-17-10, 12:50 PM   #9
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Oh man that was one of the best games i've ever played.. so he is in the creative team for GW2? ah good stuff!!

Old 11-18-10, 12:08 AM   #10
emailthatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha View Post
Oh man that was one of the best games i've ever played.. so he is in the creative team for GW2? ah good stuff!!
he's the game director. i.e. the man in charge of the title, lead designer.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 11-18-10, 03:15 PM   #11
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailthatguy View Post
he's the game director. i.e. the man in charge of the title, lead designer.
really? wow we can expect some good stuff.. Didn't think he was playing such a big roll in GW2..

Old 11-21-10, 10:26 PM   #12
emailthatguy

it's my understanding that he was brought on board to lead the team from the get go as phinney had plans to leave before they even started development on GW1

james is a good guy also though, his zombie mmo should be great.

he actually wrote the story for sacrifice, although he wasnt at shiny persay, he was contracted to flesh out the core story. Another professional writer was brought in toward the end (his name completely escapes me but i remember he was a really nice guy) to flesh out the final particulars, write the manual etc..