Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-10, 09:30 PM   #1
News

Post The New Medal of Honor Game in Stereo 3D Mode with 3D Vision

The new Medal of Honor game is out now and I had a quick look at it and more importantly how well it handles in stereo 3D mode with 3D Vision and I can say that I'm not very satisfied with the results. The new Medal of Honor game is a try to refresh the series with something new and the game itself is not bad at all, I've actually liked it after just a few minutes of playing. However trying to play it in stereo 3D mode was a disappointment, but it was kind of expected considering the fact that the single player mode was developed based on a modified Unreal Engine 3 (pre-stereo 3D compatible version) and in result the typical issues associated with UE3 are present. Dynamic shadows do not render right, some objects are tripled which results in weird-looking halos around characters and some other objects as well as some other visual issues and the typical 2D crosshair and 2D HUD elements like 2D rendered names and icons that appear over players and objects in-game. There is also not yet an official 3D Vision profile available in the latest beta drivers for the game and we know that sometimes Nvidia can make a difference with the profile,e specially for UE3-based games‚?¶

The game itself does not have an advanced video options menu, so you cannot do much trying to make things better, although you can go to '\Documents\EA Games\Medal of Honor\Config' and try messing up with the 'MOHAEngine.ini' configuration file to make things a bit better, although you should not expect too much of an improvement by disabling dynamic shadows and such. So while waiting for some patch for the game or a profile or something else that can make things better in stereo 3D mode I would suggest not to consider the game for playing with 3D Vision and instead stick to playing it in 2D. One interesting thing however is the fact that MOH uses two different engines ' one for single player mode and that is the UE3 and another one for the multiplayer mode ' the Frostbite Engine used in Bad Company 2. However I'm sure that not a lot of you are playing just about any first person shooter in multiplayer mode in stereo 3D mode with 3D Vision‚?¶ ;)

Related posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote