Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-10, 08:25 PM   #25
sammy sung

Default Re: The science flew off Gordon Freeman's Face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
This is the most epic Garry's mod I've ever seen. I'm in tears laughing so hard. I think part of it is thebroken euro-english

You really need to go to europe and check for yourself,no one speaks english like that
Old 10-21-10, 09:09 PM   #26
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
You really need to go to europe and check for yourself,no one speaks english like that
Hmm.. all my friends I know from europe used to talk like that when they first got here. Most of them are students at our local college (tennis and soccer scholarships mostly). They're from Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Uzbekistan and I think Latvia and the Ukraine.

What's hilarious though is that they knew American street slang like the back of their hand right away but their basic proper grammar, pronunciation and spelling was all over the place.

I was watching those videos and I could literally visualize each one of them as the narrator.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 10:17 PM   #27
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Hmm.. all my friends I know from europe used to talk like that when they first got here. Most of them are students at our local college (tennis and soccer scholarships mostly). They're from Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Uzbekistan and I think Latvia and the Ukraine.

What's hilarious though is that they knew American street slang like the back of their hand right away but their basic proper grammar, pronunciation and spelling was all over the place.

I was watching those videos and I could literally visualize each one of them as the narrator.
Then you need to call it something else because thats not how europeans speak english,the people you mention are all from former eastern block countries.Western europe is more or less brought up on american/british movies and tv and most countries (excluding france) has english as a mandatory subject in school from age 7 and all the way through school.This is something the east european countries didn't have since they were under soviet control,the influx of western culture was limited to smuggled rambo movies etc and there was definatly no english being taught in school.Your term euroenglish isn't very accurate and even slightly insulting as it portrays europeans as backwards and ill educated.
Old 10-22-10, 12:19 AM   #28
JasonPC

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is a parody of one of those fanfics written by 13 year olds on the internet. Or perhaps the script is even straight off of one of those websites.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 08:56 AM   #29
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is a parody of one of those fanfics written by 13 year olds on the internet. Or perhaps the script is even straight off of one of those websites.
as i already mentioned yes, it is a re-enactment word for word of 12+ year olds half life stories spelling and grammatical errors included, the animation in garys mod also exaggerates the story descriptions

silly hummens!!
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote