Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-10, 04:47 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Bloody Good Time

Congratulations, you’ve just been cast in your first slasher movie! You’ve been given your big break by the notorious Director X. His methods have produced some of the finest grindhouse films ever committed to celluloid. Famous faces and big names are not what this director is looking for. Fresh faces are all Director X casts, and with your embarrassingly empty resume you’re as fresh as they come!

But seven other hopefuls are also in the running, so you’re going to need to prove your worth if you’re to hit the leading credits. You’re going to have to scratch, claw and strike to slash your way to the top. This job’s going to be murder!

Developed by Outerlight, Bloody Good Time takes a new and irreverent approach to multiplayer shooters. The game runs on the Valve’s Source engine, known for classic multiplayer shooters such as Half-Life and Team Fortress.

Key Features:
Be a deceitful bastard! Flush your enemies in the toilet, crash their heads on their plates when they eat, do whatever it takes to maim and kill other competitors in nasty and unexpected ways!
Use a full arsenal of wacky weapons including guns, a baseball bat, a frying pan, and even an exploding remote-controlled rat to transform the movie set into real mayhem!
Clash with up to 8 players online in a zany, first-person shooter, multiplayer experience like no other.
Choose from a variety of stereotypical B- movie characters, including the bikini beach babe, the stoner, the creepy clown and the super jock.
From Spring Break Beach to the Horror House to the Vegas Hotel, discover what’s behind the Hollywood set in these unique multiplayer maps.
Developed by Outerlight, best known for their work on The Ship and the Half-Life mod of the Ship. This Scottish-based developer brings a great combination of humor and quality game play to Bloody Good Time.
Running on the Valve’s Source engine, Bloody Good Time comes from the same pedigree of classic, online multiplayer shooters such as Half-Life, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.

At £3.59 this game looks quite intrestimg and a load of fun, Anybody played this yet?

Im really tempted.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2450/
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 10:21 AM   #2
Ambrose

Default Re: Bloody Good Time

I was intrigued too so I bought it. The controls took me a little while to figure out--basically you have murder weapons AND murder aids, and switching between them quickly is essential and quite challenging at first. There's a couple RPG elements which give the game a little more depth, like you have to satisfy your bodily urges, eat food and sleep in order to earn top points. My favorite of these aspects is how the director will dictate what the best weapons are, so everyone will have to go scrambling around the map in search of those--getting kills with the wrong weapons earns you no points. Subtle touches like being able to humiliate people at the risk of getting killed yourself and how you can be busted by security help differentiate the game from the standard shooter. No class system though
<Evga 8800 GTX @ 630/1050>
<OCZ Flex XLC 2GB DDR2 800>
<Samsung 500GB 7200 RPM Sata Hard drive>

3DMark06 score: 12243
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/re...0&UID=11981243
Windows Vista Ultimate

Avid gamer, dedicated student (most of the time).
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote