Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-31-10, 02:22 PM   #13
grey_1

Default Re: Left 4 Dead Bundle: $15 on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
What do you not like about the game? Just curious.
I think A melee system that allowed an incapped player to eventually fight off a hunter, smoker etc would have been perfect. The smoker attacks are the main reason though. I don't know how many times I've been caught, but due to the angle it had me at, it would be obscured behind something I couldn't shoot through.

Also add something that allows an incapped player to get back on their own feet after a period of time.

The most frustrating thing is to be the last one or two players alive, be 15' from the SH door and get nabbed with no hope of escape.

The only other issue really is the AI director's tendency to make 50 zombies land on your head inside of a second and totally out of nowhere.

I understand the game is geared all towards team play, but they went too far as far as that dependency on other players goes imo.
Old 10-31-10, 02:34 PM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Fair enough. I think the game is good the way it is. Other than that, I think Jockies in Versus are pointless. Worst special infected IMO. Id like to see new SI in future DLC instead of a new, extremely short map.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 02:51 PM   #15
Rakeesh

Is this game playable with just the base package or are there a ton of DLC's you need to buy to have the full game?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 02:59 PM   #16
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Is this game playable with just the base package or are there a ton of DLC's you need to buy to have the full game?
All PC DLCs are free for both 1 and 2. They are not great...(the DLCs themselves) or even good, but they're free

EDIT: If you buy the games it will automatically dl the DLCs as well, so yes, fully playable right off the bat.
Old 10-31-10, 03:00 PM   #17
grey_1

Quote:
Fair enough. I think the game is good the way it is. Other than that, I think Jockies in Versus are pointless. Worst special infected IMO. Id like to see new SI in future DLC instead of a new, extremely short map.
We do agree on that

I hate em.
Old 11-01-10, 08:19 PM   #18
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
I disagree. Jockies are actually one of the most useful. Mainly because you can grab a player and pull them back so far, which totally disorients the opposing team, making them run backwards.

All of the infected are useful. There is no best or worst. They all have their moments where a certain infected is the very best to use at that moment. Just got to know how to use them.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote