Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-27-10, 04:07 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
Y h@l0 th@R!

Send a message via ICQ to xCLAVEx Send a message via AIM to xCLAVEx Send a message via Yahoo to xCLAVEx
Default Re: New motherboard, new problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
That is a hell of a noob mistake. You are lucky if you haven't damaged any hardware.

Also I would ditch the sound blaster and just use the onboard sound. It is more than adequate these days. Spend the extra money on a 23" 1920x1080 monitor. The GTX260 will power it and you won't regret it.
Indeed it was but at least it was still the right socket and just an unsupported processor (basically turned on and ran but just didn't post). I think it will be fine.

As for onboard sound, I hate Creative labs drivers, but I like the crystalizer too much for my sblive. I just like the way it makes things sound when it's active. I tried using onboard sound before, and everything sounded too muffled and the sound controls for bass and treble were clumsy and didn't work too well.
Old 10-28-10, 12:05 AM   #14
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Indeed it was but at least it was still the right socket and just an unsupported processor (basically turned on and ran but just didn't post). I think it will be fine.

As for onboard sound, I hate Creative labs drivers, but I like the crystalizer too much for my sblive. I just like the way it makes things sound when it's active. I tried using onboard sound before, and everything sounded too muffled and the sound controls for bass and treble were clumsy and didn't work too well.
Fair enough, but onboard sound has come a long way IMO. I would still go for the full HD monitor as an upgrade. It would be a much nicer upgrade over the sound.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 05:32 AM   #15
xCLAVEx
Y h@l0 th@R!

Send a message via ICQ to xCLAVEx Send a message via AIM to xCLAVEx Send a message via Yahoo to xCLAVEx

Ok, this time got an XFX Nforce 680l board but the same problem persists. I tried using my Geforce 260 gtx, but it refused to even power up, so I tried a different card (older x1600 spare I had lying around) and this one powered up and the fans spun and everything, but there was no video signal. There were no beeps from the motherboard too, just nothing. The fans and lights all came on fine, but the video signal was not there. So far I have replaced the motherboard, the PSU, and the video card and the same god damn problem persists. I have been ******* around with this damn machine for over a month now and I am sick of it not working no matter what I try. I'm guessing the only 2 things left that could be wrong are the memory or the CPU itself, any other ideas?
Old 11-05-10, 02:38 PM   #16
Starscream
Decepticook

I think you fried the cpu in that junk board you bought.

What you need to do is test your ram and cpu in a known good motherboard. If you can't do that you might as well try RMAing the cpu to Intel.