Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-10, 06:10 PM   #13
Ninja Prime

Default Re: ATi benches inflated by reduced AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Yep, I'm an idiot.

Nvidia has never done any research about their competitors products and passed things along to review sites to validate and lend a sheen of legitimacy. Oh wait.

As I said, the top review sites typically do IQ tests and post them once against the other. H typically does LOD testing based on playability and goes out of it's way to mention any difference in the IQ. Anand and others do a similar thing.
Just to add, the "four major german sites!!1111oneone" are sites that are often known to be in NVs pocket, just sayin'.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 06:21 PM   #14
onmikesline

how much you want to bet that you cant tell in games
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 06:43 PM   #15
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
how much you want to bet that you cant tell in games
How much you want to bet that if you set the control panel options to the same for both companies it looks exactly the same...

Nvidia just needs something to hate on right now.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 07:33 PM   #16
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Just to add, the "four major german sites!!1111oneone" are sites that are often known to be in NVs pocket, just sayin'.
"Just sayin'" from the guy who told us ATi "is the winnar at every level for price performance by a country mile!" and then evaporates when someone posts benches of ATi losing and costing lots more isn't "just sayin'" much.

You have no proof those sites are in anyone's pocket, and I've posted the B3d thread about this from June 29th before this:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=57870

Need me to post the threads from places like Xtremesystems or or AnandTech where they talk about ATi's AF being broken? Or all those guys "on the take" too?

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 07:49 PM   #17
onmikesline

what we all need is someone to start there own video card company and start helping the community call it "not a ripoff card" just think about it, do you know how much money i spend on video cards to just play last years games on max, then you start to think well maybe i should add CF/sli and get that boost. well dont you think you should get 100% out of it? ati cant do it that well or NV. you know they can do it but they dont thats why big companys SUCK
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 08:45 PM   #18
DSC

Sazar and Ninja Prime, both of you are idiots. Ninja Prime should be banned from this forum, seriously the ATI fanboying and the blatant trolling in the GeForce 400/500 forums is embarassing.

All these sites must have been in NV pocket, eventhough the blatant cheating has been mentioned and verified many times on Beyond3d forums. Typical nonsense reply when you know it's false, just to deflect the true facts.

LOL, just shows how butthurt the ATI fanboy brigade is when they were busted by 4 major German sites for AF cheats and they just can't accept the bitter truth. All of them must be blind if you can't see the horrible shimmering.
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:00 PM   #19
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Both companies have cheated in the past. I'm sure both companies still cheat. Don't see the point in this thread or that article.
Old 11-20-10, 09:22 PM   #20
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Ok, great. I'm getting PMs from people referencing this thread, asking for some bannings to happen.

Yay! Not.

I'm still forming an opinion about this, as a consumer who has bought both AMD and NVIDIA cards, as a reviewer who has compared both brands, and as a gamer who has used both on two ends of the "display quality" spectrum. I've been a bit quiet the last couple days as I've been busy with some non-forum stuff, but I think I'll actually be able to form an opinion tomorrow night when I sit down and review this "issue" with some patience.

In the meantime, would you guys tone it down like two notches? I'm not going to put up with ANY more name-calling or childish behavior in this thread OR related threads.

Tackle this with a level head, remove the chips from your respective shoulders, and be nice. Or I wont.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-10, 09:34 PM   #21
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
Ok, great. I'm getting PMs from people referencing this thread, asking for some bannings to happen.

Yay! Not.

I'm still forming an opinion about this, as a consumer who has bought both AMD and NVIDIA cards, as a reviewer who has compared both brands, and as a gamer who has used both on two ends of the "display quality" spectrum. I've been a bit quiet the last couple days as I've been busy with some non-forum stuff, but I think I'll actually be able to form an opinion tomorrow night when I sit down and review this "issue" with some patience.

In the meantime, would you guys tone it down like two notches? I'm not going to put up with ANY more name-calling or childish behavior in this thread OR related threads.

Tackle this with a level head, remove the chips from your respective shoulders, and be nice. Or I wont.

Are you going to do a review of this IQ issue?

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 11-20-10, 09:47 PM   #22
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Are you going to do a review of this IQ issue?
We'll see. It's not my forte, but if it's worth a look on my part and I feel that I can give a unique angle on it I will review it in some form or fashion. But if the issue is played out by late tomorrow and is just causing a bunch of dumb flame wars, I'll likely pass so I can work on other stuff.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 10:05 PM   #23
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
We'll see. It's not my forte, but if it's worth a look on my part and I feel that I can give a unique angle on it I will review it in some form or fashion. But if the issue is played out by late tomorrow and is just causing a bunch of dumb flame wars, I'll likely pass so I can work on other stuff.
You could be part of the solution.

If editors on American sites like NVNEWS report on this, ATi will have no choice but to release fixed drivers and everyone wins.

Rig 2:

Old 11-20-10, 10:11 PM   #24
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
You could be part of the solution.

If editors on American sites like NVNEWS report on this, ATi will have no choice but to release fixed drivers and everyone wins.
As long as Nvidia fixes theirs too...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...26&postcount=2