Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-10, 11:10 PM   #1
nrdstrm

Default PS3 Move Reviews?

Any of you guys have Move and can give a review? I trust you guys more than the mainstream websites. TBH, I have to buy it anyway for my nephew for Christmas, but I wanted to see if I would enjoy it as well. On the Wii, I pretty much only liked Wii Sports, so I'm assuming I might like the sports game that comes in the Move bundle as well.

As an aside, my nephew is spoiled. When he is at my house (alot) he has a Wii, a PS3 (soon with Move) and an Asus Netbook (for Flash Games and kids type PC games/learning games). At his mom's house, he has a Wii and for Xmas he is getting an Xbox w/Kinect. He also has a PSP (the one with discs) and a Nintendo DS. He is FREAKING 6 years old! ROFL. Hardcore gamer already. Normally, that might bother me a bit, but he is in first grade reading at 3rd grade level and excels in math also...So I guess it's not hurting him...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 03:45 AM   #2
GIGARAM
Last one Dead is a sissy

Default Re: PS3 Move Reviews?

I would have to say that the playstation move is awesome my daughter loves start the party and eyepet (she is olny 5 years old). ive played all the move demos out there and it works well. its totaly awesome playing M.A.G. with playstation move they have realy done a awesome job of intergrating it in to the game real smooth movement and easy to get to grips with, cant wait for socom 4, plus i got high velocity bowling of playstation store and it is now move compatable, it works loads better than the old controler setup the other games i will be getting for myself is the shoot and time crisis there both the same type of game but just as good as each other,

http://us.playstation.com/publictrop...nename=gigaram

I Have 3 playstation 3's 60 gig got it day of release and a 250 gig PS3 and a limmited edition silver PS3 with 320 gig drive plus 2 psp 3000 and a psp go
and now a halo reach limited edition xbox 360 plus just got the gears of war 3 limmited edition xbox 360 lol and also pre-ordered the limited edition starwars xbox 360

Acer HN274H 120Hz 3D Monitor
Asus Rampage III Etreme
Intel Core i7 Extreme 990X
Corsair H70
Gainward Phantom 580 GTX 3Gb Superclock 2 off SLI
Corsair Vengance 24GB
OCZ revo 120Gb PCI-X SSD Boot drive
Weastern Digital Black edition 2Tb 2 off in mirror raid
Weastern Digital Black edition 2Tb for backup of steam
3D Blu-ray rw drive
Corsair HX 1000 Watt Psu
Windows 7 64 Bit
Logitech G19 Keyboard
Razer imperator Mouse
Corsair Obsidian 800D
GIGARAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 01:49 PM   #3
Lyme

Think of the PS3 move as a Wii with better graphics, significantly better accuracy, and games aimed at a slightly more mature age group. In that sense it is like the Wii but simply better.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 09:12 PM   #4
MowTin

At my local Best Buy they have a full demo of Move. It was more laggy and inaccurate than I expected.

I prefer the Move to Kinect because I think accuracy, in a controller, is more important than versatility.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 02:08 PM   #5
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
At my local Best Buy they have a full demo of Move. It was more laggy and inaccurate than I expected.

I prefer the Move to Kinect because I think accuracy, in a controller, is more important than versatility.
In some situations that is very true, however that is the same as saying that a sniper rifle is always better than a ak47.

On a slightly different line, I'm under the impression that quite a few people are seeing the Move as an update Wii rather than the new product it is.
Old 11-20-10, 03:08 PM   #6
LurkerLito

I like the move it works well. For a game like The Fight, it is actually really well done even though moving is a bit awkward. The move controller should have had a D-Pad or analog stick on it.

For shooting games though it is not as accurate as I was hoping it would be. There is a slight lag and you can see it in games like The Shoot. The tracking goes off a lot in shooting games, but unfortunately I think the only way to fix it is with a new camera. The PS3 Eye sucks. If the move controllers didn't have a light it can't see anything in my setup. The image is so grainy in games like The Fight that has head tracking I can't even use it. In Sports Champions it wants to take a picture when you finish a difficulty set, but I never save the image because it looks terrible. A grainy hard to see image of yourself holding a perfectly clear superimposed image of the game item you were using. Increasing the lighting would help a lot, but even with a normal incandescent desk lamp pointed at me like a spot light doesn't really help the graininess of the image.

I am sure I'd have the same problem with the Kinect and facial recognition, but the IR light would work fine so movement would be easy to read just like the Move's flashlights. To me though I prefer the Move over the Kinect. I like having a controller in the hand better than it being hands free for most games.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 07:35 PM   #7
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I am sure I'd have the same problem with the Kinect and facial recognition, but the IR light would work fine so movement would be easy to read just like the Move's flashlights. To me though I prefer the Move over the Kinect. I like having a controller in the hand better than it being hands free for most games.
That is a interesting statement. You have the PS3 move, and elude to the fact that you do not have a Kinect, nor have tried one.

It's like comparing chocolate and strawberry ice cream, and saying you like chocolate more even though you've never tried strawberry.
Old 11-21-10, 12:03 AM   #8
LurkerLito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
That is a interesting statement. You have the PS3 move, and elude to the fact that you do not have a Kinect, nor have tried one.

It's like comparing chocolate and strawberry ice cream, and saying you like chocolate more even though you've never tried strawberry.
True, I haven't played with the Kinect but it's just something that I can tell. For example, Bowling, a sword type fighting game, tennis, baseball or Golf, I can't imagine just playing that with nothing in my hand. Boxing I might want to have no controllers but I just don't know how you'd do movement forward/back without one.

And your analogy is wrong, it's more like playing a flight sim game with a keyboard/mouse vs joystick/throttle. Even if I never played the game with a joystick/throttle or ever flown a real airplane, I know I will like the game more with a joystick/throttle combo than keyboard/mouse combo. BTW people who always like chocolate over strawberry ice cream and have never tasted strawberry ice cream do exist they are usually allergic to strawberries.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote