Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-21-10, 03:24 PM   #1
CaptnStubing

Default Cannot connect to BFBC2 through Steam

This isn't my video but it is the exact same problem I have been having. It has been doing this for the last two months. I try to re-install it and connect every couple of weeks or so and the same problem. Everything of this game has been erased from my puter after each uninstall. As a result I just don't play the game any more. My ports for this and other games are always set and the game is up to date. Any ideas?

CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 03:31 PM   #2
mojoman0

Default Re: Cannot connect to BFBC2 through Steam

look here?

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-company-2-pc/

he said he fixed his problem too

Quote:
I solved my problem by doing the steps from the following link.
http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/foru...

If you want to know if you have the problem I had realy fast, you can try to load this page https://profile.ea.com . If you can, you don't have my problem. If you can't load this, then you have the problem I had and I would suggest on clicking on the link to the bfh forum and follow the instrucions

!!!!!If this isn't the problem, you might just want to have a look at your firewalls. Lower them a little. When you're on a router put your IP on DMZ,..

Since the Battlefield Heroes forum seems to go down sometimes, I quote here the post that I posted a link of.

"I found that in my case the Error 1002: Unable to Connect was caused by an incompatibility between the EA server software and a new feature in Windows Vista called "Explicit Congestion Notification", or ECN. It's not on by default in Vista, but some Internet Optimizer software turns it on. I think this same feature also exists in Windows XP with the newest updates and Windows 7.

To see if you are affected and if the steps below are likely to help, try to access the following link:
https://profile.ea.com

I was unable to pull up this page in any web browser, it just gave a connection timed out error. After trying this fix, I am now able to load this site and can connect to the game!

My Specs: Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate SP2, all advanced network features turned on. I am using the Windows Vista built-in firewall. I had previously tried disabling the firewall, forwarding all the ports in the FAQ, and resetting my TCP/IP and Winsock settings without success.

How to fix:

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". In the window that comes up, type the following command:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

So far I have not noticed any problems from doing this, though it makes sense that copying large files over my home network will probably be a bit slower. Like I said I will test further and see if I can find what specific setting causes the problem. "
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 03:31 PM   #3
CaptnStubing

You make the happy. We make the sech now yes?
Old 11-21-10, 03:49 PM   #4
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This isn't my video but it is the exact same problem I have been having. It has been doing this for the last two months. I try to re-install it and connect every couple of weeks or so and the same problem. Everything of this game has been erased from my puter after each uninstall. As a result I just don't play the game any more. My ports for this and other games are always set and the game is up to date. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
look here?

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-company-2-pc/

he said he fixed his problem too
Quote:
Yer such a peach, Stubs.

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 04:47 PM   #5
ViN86

LOL the YouTube video you posted has a link at the top that says "I fixed the problem I had! Read description for more info".
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 04:53 PM   #6
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 05:40 PM   #7
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
LOL the YouTube video you posted has a link at the top that says "I fixed the problem I had! Read description for more info".
Yeah I saw that but it was just for the servers. I couldn't even get on to EA to log in.