Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-10, 07:43 PM   #25
batterbrain101
"TAZ LIKE!"
 
batterbrain101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA
Posts: 191
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Awesome man, glad that info helped! I built some air direction duct (maybe more like a fin) to take half of the air flow from my 170 mm side panel fan and push it directly to my 2 gpus, they sit within 1C of each other now, unless F@H is running on one, and it made a big difference in my gaming. I made out of manilla folder material to get the shape right then flat blacked it until I make the final out of better material.

Also, set up a fan profile in Afterburner, you won't be disappointed. Mine below.

__________________
] My village called, their Idiot is missing!

My rig:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7 4770K@ 4.2 GHz
16GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 2400 Ram
Corsair 750HX "Silver Certified" PSU
Corsair H70 Hydro CPU Cooler
2x PNY GTX 770 OC2 4GB in SLI
180 GB Intel 520 SSD
2 TB Barracuda HD, 2 TB WD Caviar Green
Logitech G-510 Keyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
3 Samsung 24" LED SyncMaster Monitors

batterbrain101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:16 PM   #26
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Plastic coke bottle makes good duct but white plastic like bleach bottle or something is easier to work with.
__________________
2500K 4.4ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 12gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:43 PM   #27
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

I dont have a side panel fan , maybe i should get one, they are quite big?
maybe 170mm
and make some kind of air tunnel like you guys are saying
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:44 PM   #28
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
Plastic coke bottle makes good duct but white plastic like bleach bottle or something is easier to work with.
BTW Xd where did you get your 22" crt?
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:56 PM   #29
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

I got 2 of them from eBay but sold one as it was just sitting idle most of the time.
__________________
2500K 4.4ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 12gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:58 PM   #30
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
I got 2 of them from eBay but sold one as it was just sitting idle most of the time.
awesome. havn't used one in a while , still miss the quality. Not had a flat screen yet that could beat my old Hyundi.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 04:00 PM   #31
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Its a hassle now theres no driver support.
__________________
2500K 4.4ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 12gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 05:51 PM   #32
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterbrain101 View Post
Awesome man, glad that info helped! I built some air direction duct (maybe more like a fin) to take half of the air flow from my 170 mm side panel fan and push it directly to my 2 gpus, they sit within 1C of each other now, unless F@H is running on one, and it made a big difference in my gaming. I made out of manilla folder material to get the shape right then flat blacked it until I make the final out of better material.

Also, set up a fan profile in Afterburner, you won't be disappointed. Mine below.

meant to say thanks for the tip, the card is rocking now
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-10, 09:14 PM   #33
batterbrain101
"TAZ LIKE!"
 
batterbrain101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA
Posts: 191
Default Re: GTX260 Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
I dont have a side panel fan , maybe i should get one, they are quite big?
maybe 170mm
and make some kind of air tunnel like you guys are saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
meant to say thanks for the tip, the card is rocking now
Totally cool man, just glad to help as others have done the same for me.

Don't get a 170mm unless you want to make your own filter and grill setup, I found out the hard way that no one even makes a grill for them (other than custom orders). A 140.mm grill fits bu leaves a 30mm gap around the outside of course, used door edge molding, window screen material and superglue to make my own grill/filter setup, actually works well.

@ XDanger; like that line of thinking, got to scrounge through my "almost" empties now, lol.

Picture of above:

__________________
] My village called, their Idiot is missing!

My rig:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7 4770K@ 4.2 GHz
16GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 2400 Ram
Corsair 750HX "Silver Certified" PSU
Corsair H70 Hydro CPU Cooler
2x PNY GTX 770 OC2 4GB in SLI
180 GB Intel 520 SSD
2 TB Barracuda HD, 2 TB WD Caviar Green
Logitech G-510 Keyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
3 Samsung 24" LED SyncMaster Monitors

batterbrain101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.