Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-26-10, 05:16 AM   #121
Bman212121

Default Re: Official release date of gran turismo 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
if im honest I didnt even notice low texture visuals while playing. everything runs so smooth and it looked fine while racing.

Ive already put 11 hours in my game. Im about to put in many more. having allot of fun playing.
That's good

My main concern was them getting the performance fixed from GT5:P. Certain times when you could see the entire field the game was like a slideshow. Makes it quite hard to race like that.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 10:02 AM   #122
MowTin

It's hard to compare GT5 to other games because GT5 carves out its own niche. It's not just a racing game. It's a celebration of cars for car enthusiasts. So it tries to give you a little taste of everything in the automotive world.

I really enjoy the license tests. Trying again and again to get the gold brings me back to old school gaming challenges. I was up to 6am trying to get some of those golds.

I like that there is no rewind because rewind kills the challenge and it's impossible to resist using it when it's there.

The driving phyiscs are much improved from prologue. The cars have a sense of weight and the steering feels natural.

I wish there were more tuning options like tire pressure and a full vinyl editor. I get the feeling that Kaz hates the idea of people defacing his work with their custom vinyls. I don't care so much about visual damage but I'd like some setting that allowed for more mechanical damage such that if I ram into a wall at 60mph my race should be over. But it's difficult to complain about these issues when GT5 adds so many features that other games do not have.

There is so much Forza vs GT but it seems GT5 doesn't even attempt to compete with FM3. It does it's own thing.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 06:44 PM   #123
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Already saw the credits lol. But that's not stopping me Like every GT, this one is also very motivating and I can't wait to try it with the GT3 RS and CSP.

So far, apart from the obvious quality issues, I only have two things to complain about First the FFB is not really great. I don't get a feel for the track surface and its bumps. There are FFB effects while driving over the curbs but not over bumps.
And then there are the insanely long menu loading times. It takes way too long to navigate from the main GT Life screen to an event description, then back to tune/upgrade the car and back to the event. Stuff like that consumes a lot of time.

Lol the red car 2 cars in front of you,is that a Cizeta V16 ? Kinda impressed if it is,that's a pretty rare car and not that well known.The premium cars looks very very good,bought the game yesterday but was too tired to try it out.
Old 11-26-10, 09:02 PM   #124
Viral
Registered User of Women

Yeah thats the Cizeta V16, it was in GT4 and is a standard car in GT5. It looks alright in that shot but definitely stands out from the rest (all premium).

I'm having fun with a Lamborghini 25th Anniversary Countach right now. Got it up to 600hp and down to 1300kg and it's a handful to drive but very rewarding Taking good photos is a problem since like the Cizeta above, everything looks ok except the "cheese grater" ferrari testarossa style vents which are just a texture. From most angles they look all warped because they aren't high enough resolution Oh well, still a very fun car to drive and it sounds great.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 09:37 PM   #125
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

The OP (aka ME!) has dialup, so could we calm it with the hi-res pics? I mean dang. It is taking me 22 mins to download these pics.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 07:25 AM   #126
sammy sung

Just getting into this and my initial impressions sofar : Graphicly it rapes FM3,the difference is bigger than imagined ,especially carmodels and lighting,even texturing to some extent.The london track for instance is vastly improved over the prolouge version with better building textures and more belivable lighting,on my 50 inch plasma at 1080P it looks pretty much amazing.I always held PGR4 as the racing game graphics benchmark (looks nicer than FM3 imo) but sofar this outshines it as it should do.The cars feel better than theyve done in earlier GT games,less understeer but i really hate the piece of crap PS3 controller.It's hugely uncomfortable when using analogue steering and r3/r4 for analogue accel/break + r1/r2 for shifting I need a wheel as the controller makes my hands hurt after an hour or so,for my personal taste i wish i could use the 360 controller instead.
Old 11-27-10, 08:36 AM   #127
LurkerLito

Played it again last night for and the shifter works now . Not sure why it didn't work the day I got the game though.

BTW, is there a way to tell what car in the dealership is a premium or standard? I didn't notice any indicator as to which kind of car it is. AFAIK you only really know once it's in your garage and you check if it shows up in the premium tab.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 09:16 AM   #128
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Tell me about it, the ai has always been so lame and unhuman driving behaviour...
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-10, 11:11 PM   #129
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

The game is pretty ugly at times, no comparison to DIRT 2 on PC (realtime not renders)

I love how the tapes surrounding tracks are basically impenetrable invisible walls. Oh and there are actual invisible walls on the Top Gear track even though you get disqualified for going off the track?

Only level 10 but the AI cars always slow down at corners way too much. I got through a few races with a much slower car just by passing on the corners and then blocking them along the straights. So far that's the only way to get a challenge in races is to buy a slower car.
Old 11-28-10, 02:15 AM   #130
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Soundtrack has Sails of Charon by the Scorpions, so it is the best game ever.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 04:29 AM   #131
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Soundtrack has Sails of Charon by the Scorpions, so it is the best game ever.
Uli roth for ftw so 100% agreed.
Old 11-28-10, 06:02 AM   #132
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Uli roth for ftw so 100% agreed.
Whenever I saw it on the list as I was looking through what they had in the options I literally sharted myself.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote