Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-20-08, 11:09 AM   #1
kwindla

Default diagonal hairline in textures on QFX4600

Hi,

We're in the middle of delivering an application to one of our clients. On Friday I got a bug report about a diagonal hairline through all of our textures when running on Quadro FX 4600 cards (which our client has a building full of, among other hardware).

I don't have a 4600 in house at the moment, but was able to reproduce this on a GeForce 7950 GT. The problem doesn't appear on the GeForce 8 and 9 and QFX 5600 cards we've been testing on.

We have a number of different texture paths: it appears that all of them (whether TEXTURE_2D or TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT, mipmaps or not, etc) trigger this artifact, excepting the ones that make heavy use of GLSL texture shaders.

An image showing a typical hairline is attached, as well as an example of very basic texture setup, for critique.

I'm hoping this is a known issue and that there's an easy workaround. (Or that I'm doing something silly in my code that's easily fixed.)

All help and feedback are appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline.gif
Views:	146
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	32343  
Attached Files
File Type: txt basic-tex.txt (1.6 KB, 124 views)
kwindla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 01:47 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: diagonal hairline in textures on QFX4600

Please attach a bug report and the rest of your test program. Thanks!
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 09:28 AM   #3
kwindla

Hi Aaron. Thanks for responding. Sorry about the omission of the bug report -- it's attached.

I'll write a stripped-down test case. The class I attached above runs within our rendering framework, which I can't provide here. I thought this might be a known issue with a clear cause on our end (though google hasn't helped), as we see the artifact on every texture we draw through the fixed pipeline.

By the way, we have an old 7800GT for a PowerPC mac that show this same issue. We've never seen this on non-nVidia hardware.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 nvidia-bug-report.log.bz2 (38.4 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by kwindla; 07-21-08 at 09:35 AM. Reason: further clarification
kwindla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 03:07 PM   #4
idigthought

I'm following up on this report on behalf of kwindla. We stopped worrying about the hairline problem shortly after the post because we switched to Quadro FX 5600's, QFX 5800's, and GeForce 8800 GTX, but it seems to be back on the Quadro 6000. I used 260.19.21 and 260.19.12 on Ubuntu 10.04, installed "by hand" rather than through Ubuntu's installer, and double-checked that the problem isn't present when using 260 with 8800GTX and QFX 5800.

I have attached example images and code that should reproduce the problem. Running the example program using Quadro 6000 should show a window that looks like test-hairline.png (including the tar), but running the example on most other cards should look like test-no-hairline.png. Thank you for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nv_hairline.tar.gz (112.0 KB, 49 views)
idigthought is offline   Reply With Quote