Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-06-10, 07:37 AM   #13
Sean_W

Default Re: my gripe with windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
You sound like a kid, crying that the kid next to you has more ice cream. It's business, and this is capitalism. I'd be more worried if they weren't trying to increase their net worth.

Besides, Bill and Melinda Gates give billions to charity. What have you given lately? I haven't given anything, so I don't have a leg to stand on.
The different is, If I was one of those kids, I wouldn't try to get more ice cream off the other kid for my own end, to the point where I have so much ice cream I become greedy. If you want a analogy, there is one for you. I'd be happy with what I have, Microsoft are not, like a lot of greedy companies out there.

A billion sounds a lot but it's down to what percentage they give in accordance with your earnings, so I say they give about the same as I do, which would be around 1%. Microsoft and the Melinda foundation are a separate thing, so you're speaking out of context here.

The term 'greed' fits well with Microsoft, you should look it up.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 08:26 AM   #14
Yaboze

When I went from a C2Q to a i7, I reinstalled and had to activate, which failed and I had to call MS to verify. The activation was fine on reinstall of the C2Q months earlier though. It was the MB/CPU change that did it.

But when I went from a GTX 285 to a GTX 480, it didn't bug me to reactivate.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 11:22 AM   #15
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlakMagnet View Post
So is an STD.
Lucky for you, if you get Linux, you won't need to take a trip to the doctor, need some cream or have to scratch your genitals every few minutes.
Old 12-06-10, 11:54 AM   #16
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
The different is, If I was one of those kids, I wouldn't try to get more ice cream off the other kid for my own end, to the point where I have so much ice cream I become greedy. If you want a analogy, there is one for you. I'd be happy with what I have, Microsoft are not, like a lot of greedy companies out there.

A billion sounds a lot but it's down to what percentage they give in accordance with your earnings, so I say they give about the same as I do, which would be around 1%. Microsoft and the Melinda foundation are a separate thing, so you're speaking out of context here.

The term 'greed' fits well with Microsoft, you should look it up.
Let's just say your opinion isn't exactly unbiased on this topic and agree to disagree.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 12:26 PM   #17
Sean_W

Quote:
Let's just say your opinion isn't exactly unbiased on this topic and agree to disagree.
haha, well not really. Microsoft are just another greedy company I don't give money to by buying their products. Lucky for me, I have friends who work in IT, so I get OEM Windows to use for gaming and give no money to Microsoft. Win, win for me.
Old 12-06-10, 12:38 PM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
haha, well not really. Microsoft are just another greedy company I don't give money to by buying their products. Lucky for me, I have friends who work in IT, so I get OEM Windows to use for gaming and give no money to Microsoft. Win, win for me.
LOL yea I get all my copies of Windows through campus licensing mostly, so I haven't paid them for an OS in the past 7 years.
Old 12-06-10, 12:42 PM   #19
Sean_W

haha, nice one ViN.
Old 12-06-10, 04:13 PM   #20
grey_1

Quote:
Lucky for you, if you get Linux, you won't need to take a trip to the doctor, need some cream or have to scratch your genitals every few minutes.
Yeah right...should have seen me rolling my own kernels way back when ...

Not sure I even remember how to do that any more.

OT - I guess I've been one of the fortunate few who hasn't been plagued with activation issues. Some of the guys at work are though, their company licensed copies of win7 are shutting down on them.

Old 12-06-10, 06:48 PM   #21
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Yeah right...should have seen me rolling my own kernels way back when ...

Not sure I even remember how to do that any more.

OT - I guess I've been one of the fortunate few who hasn't been plagued with activation issues. Some of the guys at work are though, their company licensed copies of win7 are shutting down on them.
They use an activation server? Sounds like IT's fault. My campus's license server is still working well heh.
Old 12-06-10, 06:57 PM   #22
grey_1

Quote:
They use an activation server? Sounds like IT's fault. My campus's license server is still working well heh.
The techs are getting an activation message following by the "not a genuine copy"...message I really have no idea what the issue is, but I point and laugh a lot.

My old lappy is still running XP.
Old 12-07-10, 03:04 PM   #23
Bearclaw

XP sucks.

Jus' 'sayin'
Old 12-10-10, 02:16 PM   #24
TheOneAndOnly

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, if you get Linux, you will need to take a trip to the doctor or need some cream after having to scratch your head every few minutes.
T,FTFY
TheOneAndOnly is offline   Reply With Quote