Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-02-10, 10:57 AM   #1
scg34

Default Internal display not automatically recognised by on VAIO S-series with GeForce 310m

Hi all,

I've recently updated to the latest nvidia driver (260.19.26) and can now for the first time get a running X server using the internal display of my Sony Vaio VPCS12V9E laptop. However, in order for this to work I need to specify the following in the devices section of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1,DFP-0"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/sonyedid.bin"

(i.e. I have to tell the X server that the internal display exists, as it isn't found automatically).

Is it possible to get this monitor to be recognised automagically? Attached is the output of nvidia-bug-report.sh in case that helps.

In the mean time, I'd like my laptop to automatically use the external display (DFP-1) when it is connected. I've tried adding "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-1" to the Device section of my xorg.conf file, but this falls down because the X server tries to display on DFP-1 even when it isn't connected (since I need to hard code the ConnectedMonitors as above).

Is there any way to set to ConnectedMonitors to be those automatically detected _plus_ DFP-0? Or another way to set the default display to be DFP-1 if and when it is connected (given the constraint of having to include DFP-0 as a ConnectedMonitor in the xorg.conf file for when I don't have an external display)?

Many thanks for any advice.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 nvidia-bug-report.log.bz2 (115.2 KB, 59 views)
scg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 05:46 AM   #2
scg34

Default Re: Internal display not automatically recognised by on VAIO S-series with GeForce 31

<bump>

Anyone?
scg34 is offline   Reply With Quote